Forums

Help › Forums

More distance on my drives

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 14 2019 8:36 PM (9 replies)
  • harmm23
    3 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 8:24 AM

Without getting a new club, how do you get maximum distance off the tee? 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:20 PM

That will vary with the ball and club used, course, wind, the gradient , if any, where the ball lands, if you Ding! (Excellent) the shot or not, and elevation difference between the tee and the landing area.

In general back spin can often add a couple of yards. The air has less resistance than the grass in the fairway does.

If the landing area is a lot lower than the tee I find I get the most yardage on a drive by using full backspin.

Hitting into the wind I often add just a touch of top spin to help keep the ball trajectory a bit lower and to induce a bit more roll after the ball lands.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:08 PM

harmm23:

Without getting a new club, how do you get maximum distance off the tee? 

Well, you have a L-94 R-1 @ 284 yd - high traj, coupled with the Tour Master tees, so distance should be stellar for you. Aside from that, a ball with more jet fuel than the Cally you use will be a helper especially in the tinkering with spin choice and learning the vast number of holes we have and the course's personality concerning roll vs no-roll. The easy way is to buy the 287 Bertha and enjoy new life.  ~ SP ~

• RodneyBlake
    510 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:13 PM

And if all else fails 

Hit the ball of the Tee and run backwards.

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:23 PM

RodneyBlake:

And if all else fails 

ok  ... that made me laugh .... good one

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:51 PM

Don't use full backspin w/ a 9 degree driver with any kind of helping or crosswind so it rolls out more...even as little as 90% b/s helps...

Looking into a 3rd wedge will help for sure on the next set of tees..you have R11's no need for the hybrid...try a level 61 nike ball too for the extra 5 yds.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 3:31 PM

fatdan:
    Looking into a 3rd wedge will help for sure on the next set of tees..you have R11's no need for the hybrid...try a level 61 nike ball too for the extra 5 yds.

A TM with that driver needs to carry 4 wedges. It's driver/wedge golf from those tees.

• RodneyBlake
    510 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 4:08 PM

RodneyBlake:

And if all else fails 

But on a serious note you dont need more distance of the Tee. ( Its not all about distance ).

With that driver you have you should be way down the fairway with it if not on some of them greens.

looking at your score history you need to lower your scores, so I would get rid of that hybrid & replace it with another wedge.

Pick your landing spot of the Tee where you want your ball to land to give you the best shot to green. Sometimes I take a little off my drives so that I have a nice 60 yard wedge shot to green.

• harmm23
    3 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 5:33 PM

Thanks for the tips!

• Thomas5394
    2 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 8:36 PM

Loooool i use the smart way, hehe if u like to check out u drive..... There are 15 shots and only the same wind. Topgolf offers a driving range "private game" just hit u meter close 2 same spot and u will see how the shots end. 

RSS