Forums

Help › Forums

Unable To Select A club...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 28 2014 9:49 AM (4 replies)
  • spy88
    205 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 10:48 AM

5 minutes ago, I started a rated round with two others.  Had no problem making the drive from 1st tee, but when it came to my turn for the approach shot, my club selection was going crazy...cycling thru all my clubs automatically and rapidly.  I couldn't stop it and it would only stop on its own if I started my swing...but I never knew what club would pop up.  Could by my driver or putter or anything in between.  It was like a compass near a magnet! 

So tried again in practice mode.  Problem still there.  I submitted the problem while on the 1st tee (where it stopped cycling) but as soon as I sent it, it started back up.

Exited game, logged out, checked if I had any computer problems (found none), logged back in, tried a practice round again but the problem was still there.  I'm led to believe something in WGT programming is seriously wrong for this to happen.

Any suggestions?  Anyone else report this?  I'll keep trying from my end.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:19 AM

Have you checked your mouse? Just a thought.

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:51 AM

After my post, I signed out again, read my mail, some news, etc. for the past hour.  Now I come back, try a practice round and find the problem fixed (or at least not there anymore).  Doesn't mean it won't happen again tho.

Man, that was crazy!  It was like all my clubs were on the wheel of Wheel of Fortune...only the wheel never stopped! 

I'm going to assume that my error report during play got it fixed so am thanking WGT for a quick, responsive resolution to this.

P.S.  Thank you for your post courtney, but I guarantee you, it was never a mouse issue.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 8:29 AM

spy88:
    when it came to my turn for the approach shot, my club selection was going crazy...cycling thru all my clubs automatically and rapidly.  I couldn't stop it

[...]

Anyone else report this? 

Yep - FF 33 and Flash 14.0.0 here.

Haven't had it recently but earlier this year. No solution - it disappears after an unknown time or event, usually after closing down the browser.

It comes from changing clubs with the mousewheel. User's workaround:

- let it spin until it stops - one or two minutes, perhaps you'll lose a shot.

- don't touch the mousewheel any more! Change clubs and putter ranges by mouseclick, annoying but feasible.

- same procedure if you happen to move the mousewheel habitually.

Have fun!

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 9:49 AM

alosso:
    It comes from changing clubs with the mousewheel.

Nope, alosso, wasn't the problem as I never use the mouse wheel to select a club or anything else. 

As it did disappear rather quickly, and the one and only time I've ever seen it, I think just waiting it out is the best option.  I just kept checking for it in practice mode til it stabilized.

RSS