Putting tips

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 30 2017 6:50 PM (30 replies)
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 10:01 PM

mantis0014:

Heath021:

You guys crack me up with these tips...its all about manipulation. You have to will the ball into the hole or know some magic.  lol!

...and you would know this wouldn't you.   Apart from your magic spell tips out of Charmed, have you got anything else to tell us about how the people out there can get better on the greens.

Yes posts like yours do crack me up...lol

I think he was having too much on thxgiving ! 

If not I wish him the best ! 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 10:16 PM

You want putting tips !!! 

it is easy to  look at the best players 

I have learned from fmagnets,  ladyluck , tekoma ! 

many players have inspired my putting ! 

And then I have learned from those styles, and made my own !

I make it a rule each day to play random 5 and practice my putting ! 

And takes notes on approach shots too. 

It  has taken 2-3 shots of my game.

practice and use mulligans ! , you can learn from your mistakes !! 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 10:19 PM

siggipj76:

mantis0014:

Heath021:

You guys crack me up with these tips...its all about manipulation. You have to will the ball into the hole or know some magic.  lol!

...and you would know this wouldn't you.   Apart from your magic spell tips out of Charmed, have you got anything else to tell us about how the people out there can get better on the greens.

Yes posts like yours do crack me up...lol

I think he was having too much on thxgiving ! 

If not I wish him the best ! 

Maybe people at L101  TL Ave 56.34 can stop dragging everybody else down with our tips

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2014 10:43 PM

I think it is best to laugh at those that think

"putts are being manipulated "

Or maybe he is just trying to get on your nerve ?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 12:47 AM

siggipj76:
    Or maybe he is just trying to get on your nerve ?

Been around for far too long for anybody to get under my skin....lol.

I just admire the OP for giving tips in the forum.  It's just very good to see. Then somebody that he/she knows it all and writes something that spoils the whole thread.

I must say there was a few lines what the Op said caught my eye...  good tip :)

-Roger

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 1:43 AM

I agree , no bad advice has been given her ! 

I think we need to have talks over a few jack and cokes !  ;) 

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:39 AM

Mantis,

I was joking...boy the seriousness of some people. Once again, someone makes a comment on here that they don't agree with, let the slaying begin! LOL.

WOW!

Anyhow, speed is the most important aspect in putting. Pay attention the the nuances of hole placement.  There are many subtle breaks at the hole that isn't showed by the moving dots. 

I think i'm going to make a video on my way of putting...which is not the norm in style.

• dandare5273
    31 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:10 PM

can anyone explain how a 100yrd club, hit full , with the magical ding, touch of backspin, can go 115 yards INTO a 17-20 wind? is it because i was under par, is it because, hold on, its because there is no consistencey???????

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:26 PM

frisco8834:
    So many factors and so little time. Hope these tips take 10-15 strokes off your score!

So true- an excellent primer on the basics of improved putting for newer players- nicely done, Frisco...just not sure about the 15 strokes...lol

Also, as it has been said many times, the closer to the hole, the better the putting lol

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Nov 30 2014 4:51 PM

Whenever I have a shot go long, I can't rule out that I might have forgotten to change the club that the idiot caddie handed me. 

RSS