Forums

Help › Forums

How About a Fair Start

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 21 2009 7:36 PM (8 replies)
  • MWD62
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 2:23 PM

Most of us, like myself, understand that this game program is designed to get revenue from us. However, don't you think it only fair to start everyone out with say, 100 credits to improve equipment and enter tournaments? It would be a good starting incentive for most of us, I believe. I know people who would play if they didn't have to shell out money right off the bat to in order to play competently and competitively. The newness of this experience wears pretty thin rather quickly when you have to sink money into a simulated experience almost immediately.

• SWAMPBUCK
    16 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 3:50 PM

Upgrading your equip doesn't help alot and is not all that it's cracked up to be.. I upgraded from starters to the burners and went from a 72 to an 82,,lol

• OriginalPuttPutt
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 5:52 PM

"PLAY FOR FREE"...."PLAY FOR FREE"...."PLAY FOR FREE"...."PLAY FOR FREE"....

Isn't that what I read? Sponsored by a major credit card, etc etc ... 

this entire game SHOULD be free, including upgraded clubs. Basically, there is NO WAY you can win without upgrading clubs by spending real money. Sorry WGT, I thought you said "FREE." It's pretty much a joke. Adios, you've wasted enough of my time.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 6:03 PM

Great, you host the site and employ all the programmers and design the game and offer prizes, and then we can all have that Free Game you think we should all have.

Get real man, it's a business.  The game is free, but if you want to compete for the bigger prizes, of course you have to shell out a few bucks to make it happen.  Where is that not the case?

• OriginalPuttPutt
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 6:16 PM

hey, the owners of the site said "Free"... but it's "not" really free... yeah you can play a crap round where you can't reach the friggin fairway for free, but you'll never win without upgraded clubs. And heck yeah, they can make money from advertising and keep the play free. Welcome to the Internet.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 6:23 PM

Salamii, get Walter out here quick. I think we got a problem here!! LOL I want free gas, a free house, and no taxes. The feds own the banks, they can make money on advertising. The oil companies don't need my money either. Hell, everything should be free. You do have the freedom to not come back.

• driving
    51 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 7:08 AM

i have messed up three rounds where i could have made the cut at even and i havn't spent any money thru free tourneys i bought the tour starter driver im struggling but it is free and fun just keep trying

• Snell564
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 5:46 PM

At least it would be nice to reach the fairway with a decent driver on some of the holes

• TW1432
    130 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 7:36 PM

i read play 4 free 2 and im VERY upset that u have 2 spend real money just 2 upgrade clubs. & bethpage plays really long & u need upgraded clubs to play well there

RSS