Forums

Help › Forums

Help wanted....Santas needed, Christmas 2014

Mon, Dec 22 2014 5:41 AM (109 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 5:12 PM

Hey Everyone-

Well, it' that time of year again and I'm looking for some players to help me with the 3rd Annual 12 Days of Christmas. Like last year, this year has a theme and it's called-

"12 Days of Christmas x 2"

That's right, instead of just 12 days of Christmas, we're going to have 24 days. Why you ask, it's simple....I have too many players that want to play Santa and not enough days. So, we will begin gifting on December 1st and finish up on December 24th (Christmas Eve).

To the Santas:

Unlike past events where we gave 3 gifts away on Day 3 and 8 gifts on Day 8 and so on, this year I'm trying something different and here is how it will work.

I will be starting us off on December 1st (Eastern Time). I will start a new thread in the "And Everything Else" section of the forums titled-

"Day 1.....Christmas 2014"

My post will then read-

"Merry Christmas, I'm mrcaddie and I'll be playing Santa today....what would you like from the WGT pro-shop for Christmas this year?"

If you have the 9th day then the title of your post will read-

"Day 9.....Christmas 2014"

and body of your post will be-

"Merry Christmas, I'm (insert your username) and I'll be playing Santa today....what would you like from the WGT pro-shop for Christmas this year?"

If you have the 20th day then your title will be-

"Day 20....Christmas 2014"

and body of your post will be-

"Merry Christmas, I'm (insert your username) and I'll be playing Santa today....what would you like from the WGT pro-shop for Christmas this year?"

And then you just sit back, wait for players to respond telling you what they would like for Christmas and send it to them. You don't have to send a gift to everyone that asks for a gift, you can pick and choose.

If you sign up to play Santa I'll just throw your name on the list and assign you a "Day".

I am going to ask that anyone that wants to play Santa agrees to not give away more than 5,000 credits on their day. I ask this because I know there are players who can only afford to give away 800 credits and others that can afford to give away 70,000 credits and I don't want to turn this into a "look how much I gave away" thing. I don't care how many credits you have to give away, if you want to play Santa....you're good in my book, you just cannot give away more than 5,000 credits worth of gifts.

I would also like to remind those that want to play Santa to:

- Help keep the threads of their fellow Santas on the front page by bumping them when you can. We'll be doing it for you, please do it for us

- Not start your day early or run it into the next day. Each day will start at 12:00:01am (Eastern Time) and end at 11:59:59pm (Eastern Time)

- Not hold any kind of contests (these tend to drag the day out and can interfere with the next day)

- When you are done sending out your gifts, you end your day by posting "This day is now closed".

- Keep a list of who you send gifts to and when your day is closed send them to me in a pm so I can add them to the locked thread I will be starting for all the Santas to use so we can see who has been awarded gifts throughout the event and no one player gets gifts every day. (I'll post a link in this thread when I set up the post)

So, if you want to play Santa sign up and I'll assign you a day.

Thanks in advance.

MC

Now, to anyone that might be looking for a gift from Santa this year, this is how it works:

If you are in need of a sleeve of golf balls, a new wedge, a putter pal, maybe a new driver or putter....

A new post will be created each day in the "And Everything Else" section of the forums beginning on December 1, 2014 and ending on December 24, 2014.

Each day you can look for a post titled "Day (X).....Christmas 2014" and in that thread a fellow member of WGT will be asking players what they would like from the WGT pro-shop for Christmas. If you would like something for Christmas, then just ask for something and maybe the person playing Santa on that day will send it to you.

It's that easy.

The one thing that Santa does ask is that if he does leave you something under your tree that you say thank you and not ask for any more gifts and let someone else have a chance to unwrap a gift as well.

Well, I think that's it, but when I re-read it tomorrow morning I'm sure I'll find lots to edit.

MC

Dec 1st (Day 1)- mrcaddie & friend

Day 2- Mantis0014

Day 3- Patriciawilliams

Day 4- alcaucin

Dec 5th (Day 5)- The Peoples Club

Day 6- russellfahey

Day 7- frappefort

Day 8- Eagle Club Golf Association

Day 9- adeypa

Dec 10th (Day 10)- newcastleb

Day 11- Cheers Golf Club

Day 12- ithurtswnipee

Day 13- Trout Slayers Country Club

Day 14- Northern Lights Club

Dec 15th (Day 15)- YancyCan

Day 16- Lobsters Lair Country Club

Day 17- gdog8

Day 18- Augusta National CC

Day 19- The Deviations Country Club

Dec 20th (Day 20)- A Band of Brothers Country Club

Day 21- Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Day 22- johnabel1234

Day 23- Marco129

Dec 24th (Day 24)- WGT

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 5:42 PM

mrcaddie:
    a putter pal,

I might be wrong, but I think everybody in a CC should have one of these.

Count me in to be a Santa :)     Just a wonderful time of year and we all should help out.

Just a sml question and/or suggestion.  I presume Eastern time is Wgt Time?   not sure. Maybe you or somebody else starts the Day with the set Template with our Santa name in it. Just saying the new day starts when I'm asleep and won't be able to post the message until half the day has gone.

-Roger

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 5:56 PM

Sounds awesome MC!

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 7:59 PM

WGT will take the 24th!  Great to see this going again this year. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 9:08 PM

mantis0014:
    I presume Eastern time is Wgt Time?
    No.

EST (Eastern Time) is UTC -5, as in New York and Florida,

PST (Pacific Standard Time) is UTC -8. This is WGT's time, being based in San Francisco, CA.

I suppose it's easier this way for US Santas to start their thread before and at midnight. Europeans will have to get up early - it's 6 am CET (Central European Time, as in Germany).

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 11:22 PM

mrcaddie:
    If you sign up to play Santa I'll just throw your name on the list and assign you a "Day".

^^ Hey WGT !! ^^.....Don't get to pick and choose your Day.

( This was a community based idea, a bandwagon you jumped on )

Sounds an easier to manage plan this year W ;)

Count me in MC

Andy

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 11:40 PM

Cool idea doing 24 days this year!!!

Huh?

• cappy11
    1,173 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2014 12:41 AM

Hey MrCaddie

May I ask for the 11th day of Christmas for myself and Cheers Golf Club to have a Shot at being a WGT Santa............?

Looking forward to a positive response from you and this is a GREAT endeavor year after year and Glad to be a part of it............

Thanks to YOU for all you do to make this an annual success also.......... CHEERS !!!

cap

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2014 5:46 AM

:-)

• therickman
    68 Posts
    Sun, Nov 16 2014 6:34 AM

HELLO MC 

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL IDEA AND I WOULD LIKE TO PLACE MY NAME ON YOUR LIST TO BECOME A SANTA FOR A DAY ( THERICKMAN ) RICK AND I WONDERED IF THERE IS ANY THING ELSE I WOLD NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BEING A SANTA BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO BE A BAD SANTA LOL. . SO IF YOU ARE I NEED OF ANY MORE HELP DOING THIS AGAIN THIS YEAR PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN BEANY MORE HELP 

YOUR A GOOD MAN MRCADDIE 

THANKS AGAIN THERICKMAN (RICK)

RSS