Forums

Help › Forums

I few questions from a newbie -

Wed, Nov 26 2014 8:01 PM (37 replies)
  • JLeppee
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 10:12 PM

Hi all! I just started playing a few days ago, and there are some things I am confused about.  

1) If I can log in through Facebook, why can't I send invites to Facebook friends?

2) I have seen some folks here have "earned" like $7,398,766 so far, I imagine it isn't real money, so what do you do with it?

3) In my profile it says I have earned .50 so far.. how did I do that? 

4) Anyone who isn't a creeper, can add me as a friend if they'd like ( that's not a question, I know ;) ) 

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Nov 9 2014 9:19 AM

Hello JLeppee.

Welcome first off. Facebook has limitations as far as what players can do and what options are available to them. Players won't be able to invite Facebook Friends to play games with them. 

The career earnings are not used for anything outside of keeping a tally of what was earned by the players in tournaments matches such as Ready Go tournaments. This is also how you have .50 earnings. 

There are a lot of friendly and helpful players on the game. I hope you get to play with a lot of them. 

-WGTyphoon

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Nov 9 2014 10:03 AM

You can invite your friends by clicking Invite your friends and enter their Email address or clicking your mail provider and selecting your friend. I believe you get a reward of some kind for that.

Anyone can send you a friend invite, But, you can decline them if you know them to be bad

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Nov 9 2014 3:27 PM

WGTyphoon:
    There are a lot of friendly and helpful players on the game
    lol.  : )

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Nov 9 2014 10:05 PM

JLeppee:
    2) I have seen some folks here have "earned" like $7,398,766 so far, I imagine it isn't real money, so what do you do with it?

Sadly enough, this bad tale is supported by the mods which might be claiming "innocence" - who knows?

Fact is, this amount mostly comes from credits earned in tournaments. As you will know, credits are the in-game currency. Strictly speaking, they are licenses which may be exchanged against virtual goods in the Pro Shop. The T&Cs give them "no monetary value", and the company has every right to revoke them.

In several occasions, the company has failed to explain why these earnings (and win displays in tourneys BTW) are displayed as $$ at a 1:100 exchange rate - it is obviously against their own rules. Getting 100 cr for 1 $ does not imply that this deal might be reversable. The only real $$ value may be watched in the "Elite" section of the Pro Shop - green fees and gift cards at an approximate 1:650 rate.

Me thinks that this fake display is meant as a catchpenny towards people's greed, helping to create revenue.

JLeppee:

Strictly speaking, you earned 50 cr by advancing to Amateur. Other credit sources may be to advance through the lower levels which apparently is not included in the earnings.

Look into your account tab for details.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 10:43 AM

JLeppee:

Hi all! I just started playing a few days ago, and there are some things I am confused about.  

1) If I can log in through Facebook, why can't I send invites to Facebook friends?

4) Anyone who isn't a creeper, can add me as a friend if they'd like ( that's not a question, I know ;) ) 

4) can't help you with that, since many called me worse before :)

3) you get credit bonuses for tiering up, so the value goes to your earnings

2. some value comes from winning rg's or weekly or monthly, other comes from say winning us open, which would add $4,000,000 to the balance.

-wgticon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 10:49 AM

JLeppee:

Do yourself a favor-close the Facebook ID and join WGT at their site. Facebook messes up some features of the game where adding and messaging friends are concerned. You can only have one account.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 11:10 AM

WGTicon:

JLeppee:

3) you get credit bonuses for tiering up, so the value goes to your earnings

2. some value comes from winning rg's or weekly or monthly, other comes from say winning us open, which would add $4,000,000 to the balance.

-wgticon

JLeppee:

I don't know where you came up with that figure because the highest total won without MPC's which aren't counted is only   $55,625.35 and Bolloxinbruges who won a U.S. Open only has $45,131.45 That is a far cry from the $ 7 million that you stated. 

And Icon $4 million for the U.S. Open??? 

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:11 PM

WGTicon:

LMAO, Icon.

Nobody here would call you anything worse. Would they?

If memory serves me, I think "creeper" is the only thing YJ hasn't been called by some here, though...LMAO !!

...just sayin'

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:27 PM

JL, all questions answered so just......

Welcome, good luck and Enjoy !

Andy

RSS