Forums

Help › Forums

*Putting by the Numbers - UPDATE*

Mon, Feb 18 2019 2:32 PM (88 replies)
  • Crashsolver
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2016 8:38 AM

For a newb to this game can you tell me what the 1 nr rule is?

siggipj76:

champ greens and then I changed from 1 nr rule.

0.71 uphil

0.7 level.

0.68 slight down.

0.65 3-4 down

0.63 5-6 down

and 10+ 0.6 to 0.5 (feel) 

But every green is it's own. 

I never hit one nr on champs

• Burnbarrel
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 14 2017 12:16 PM

I know it has been a long while since you posted this but I would like to say thanks, in just the few days that I have been using your formula my putting has improved dramatically. My putting average per hole is on most rounds played below 2 for the first time and my misses are much closer to the hole for an easier 2nd putt. Still learning to fine tune my reads but look forward to lower scores in the future thanks to your formula. Thanks Daril

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2017 6:25 AM

Burnbarrel:
    I know it has been a long while since you posted this but I would like to say thanks, in just the few days that I have been using your formula my putting has improved dramatically. My putting average per hole is on most rounds played below 2 for the first time and my misses are much closer to the hole for an easier 2nd putt. Still learning to fine tune my reads but look forward to lower scores in the future thanks to your formula. Thanks Daril

That's why the forums are a great source of information. You can use the search box on the right to search out a topic. There is a lot to be learned from these Tour Legends and Champions. That's how I learned how to play

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2017 8:33 AM

Although I've tweaked and changed quite a bit, JC Snead method is where my putting method originated from.  The "flow % (speed of break/dots)" in conjunction with aim point is brilliant. 

• JCSneed
    54 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2017 11:38 PM

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 10:00 AM

Looks like all the original post were cleared out ...is this info still out there? young46 references it but i am trying to find original source material

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 10:32 AM

el3n1:
    i am trying to find original source material

You probably won't because it looks like JC got an attitude for some reason. Guess he didn't like that there were other ways to putt, took his stuff down and ran away. You could try posting on his wall asking him for it.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 10:38 AM

Although the OP has been removed, JC last played about a fortnight ago so might still be contactable. If he still has all the info from his initial post he may well re-post it if you ask him nicely. If he can't re-submit his post or is not contactable, then someone might have quoted his entire initial post, in which case it might be elsewhere in the thread.

If none of that succeeds, then I might be able to help.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 10:47 AM

ScottHope:
    someone might have quoted his entire initial post, in which case it might be elsewhere in the thread.

It isn't, I looked from the start thinking just what you were. The only thing that he left up was his flame out on page 6 and nobody quoted his info.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Feb 7 2018 11:19 AM

All is not lost.  ; )

RSS