Forums

Help › Forums

L97 Bertha 3wd drives green St A's #18

Tue, Nov 4 2014 2:53 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:19 AM

Still haven't tried the eagle putt yet,  I'm at work and waiting for the coast to be clear for me to read the putt.  LOL

Boom!

Edit***

Missed putt, lip out city LOL   sniff sniff

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 11:15 AM

Well played, Hazen, hitting the walk path like the old days of Master tier. 

You knew the penalty for making a great shot like that... Forfeiture of an Eagle !  Lol !

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 11:16 AM

CanineSupervisor:
    You knew the penalty for making a great shot like that... Forfeiture of an Eagle !  Lol !

LOL  too true.  

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 3:19 PM

Have a couple of replays with that with the L97 Nikes, one with 4i, and another 3i. Both went over 300 yards, 3i shot got the green. Only got par from being on the low part of it (lol).

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 4:02 PM

Super to watch that.  DE there soon for ya:)

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 5:22 PM

I don't like the level 97 big bertha  3 woods, i buy the club   when  he was available in the shop but the ball don't stop as well  as the 89 version.

Yes the  extra 5 yards can be good for some par 5 with face wind but i don't like too much the   lower trajectory, too much roll after the bounce.

Michel with his english still more   weak than his game lol

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 5:34 PM

micheldess:
    Michel with his english still more   weak than his game lol

LOL,  I understood.  :)   For me I like the L97,  was worried about it at first about the trajectory and stopping power, but the extra distance is nice with the lesser powered ball.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:58 PM

I keep hearing mixed reviews about the 97.  Half like the extra 5 yards, other half prefer the stopping power.

I hope there's a general agreement on whether or not it's worth it when hit 97 in a few months.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 1:46 AM

MichaelStroke:

I keep hearing mixed reviews about the 97.  Half like the extra 5 yards, other half prefer the stopping power.

I hope there's a general agreement on whether or not it's worth it when hit 97 in a few months.

Only general agreement I can see is that people wish they would bring one in that stayed true on the ding a bit more often.  WGTs ideas of spec accuracy as regards precision, and that of most reasonable persons don't gel well on either of them.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 10:25 AM

Jimbog1964:

MichaelStroke:

Only general agreement I can see is that people wish they would bring one in that stayed true on the ding a bit more often.  WGTs ideas of spec accuracy as regards precision, and that of most reasonable persons don't gel well on either of them.

Gosh, I have not even rented it yet as I have no real need. I couldn't square any reason for it's actual purpose.

And as Jim points out, the wants and needs of people who play here, rarely share the WGT ideas of what is presented for sale.

Just a simple example from me is that my perfect meter is 3.5, but I can't get that with the irons & wedges I prefer. Sometimes it annoy's me to be 1 pixel late. 

• PAGES
RSS