Help › Forums

Where is this 64 degree Ping?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:18 AM (7 replies)
  • rhl84
    2 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:04 AM

Hi all, 

After reading up on which short distance wedge I would like to buy, I saw most people recommend the 64 degree Ping. However, I cannot find this wedge in the Pro shop anywhere.. The other Pings are there (I even have some), but just not the 64 degree. Has it been discontinued?

Sorry if this has been asked already a million times, but I cannot find any info about it. 

Thanks for any info!

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 3:21 PM

Sadly it has, though good replacements are the L39 ATV, and the L31 CG16. Both are 495 credits.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 3:43 PM

rhl84:
    I cannot find this wedge in the Pro shop anywhere..
    It has been there and formed the basis for a nice just-no-beginners wedge set.

It was eliminated around the new year (*), and my Qs about it have been ignored ever since. This budget set has been busted, the only remedy for a low level player might be the lvl 18 Ping, probably of lower quality, or the ATV, high priced second generation stuff (after the Z Satins).

(*) Edit: Precisely, it was omitted when the new Ping wedges were introduced, much higher price (the old ones were 200 cr each), the new set being crippled to uselessness.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:48 AM

This might help you to choose something suitable...

...wedges are on the red sheet tab.

↓↓ EDIT : Cheers Doc, there's plenty of goodly folks on here. ↓↓

rhl84:
    Also thanks for the great info sheet! Will use it soon for a new wedge!

EDIT2 : You're welcome rhl84, thank you.  : )

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 5:22 AM

Sweet set up Scott . WGT ought to put you on payroll for all the help you offer.

Doc :)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 10:24 AM

They won't agree I'm afraid, since such systematic and transparent insight helps the clients to avoid costly errors. Not a win situation for the company. Same goes with the XP & level reference and the average & tiering subject.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:55 AM

That Ping 64 degree is a WONDERFUL club. This TL still uses it and has no need for the Clevelands

• rhl84
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:18 AM

Thanks a lot for the info! Now I understand why I couldn't find them.. 

Also thanks for the great info sheet! Will use it soon for a new wedge!

RSS