Forums

Help › Forums

Determining the strength of a shot

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 30 2014 3:38 PM (6 replies)
  • IBTRYIN
    22 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 12:32 PM

I have been playing for awhile now and really enjoy the game. I am not very good but I seem to lose most of my shots with wedge shots and long putts. I have the chips and pitches down pretty well but I consistently have trouble with the strength on wedge shots and long putts. I have tried to figure out a system to find some consistency for the long putts. Whether it is uphill or downhill it is all the same. Some times it works and the next time with the same putt it is different. With the wedges I allow for the wind and the lie and again sometimes it is OK and the next time with the same shot I am either way short or way long. I use the Shot Pal to try to judge my shots and I am becoming more and more frustrated. I am not going to win any tournaments but I would enjoy the game more if I can somehow find a system to become more consistent with the strength for wedges and long putts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, IBTRYIN.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 2:22 PM

This should help you.

Courtesy of GaryPinhunter.

• IBTRYIN
    22 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:11 PM

Thank You. I am watching the tutorials and I will start practicing. This should make me a bit more consistent, which in turn, will lead to a bit more fun. Thanks again.

IBTRYIN

• IBTRYIN
    22 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 12:42 PM

garypinhunter,

Can you possibly give me any advice on downloading the " Stand Alone Program "

from Sgt Bilko? It is the wind & putting charts. I have a Mac computer, and have had

no success with the download. I am getting a little better, but the wind really messes

up my shots because I don't really know how to play the wind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, IBTRYIN.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 2:39 PM

Sure, no problem. Will send you a message.

Gary

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 3:07 PM

IBTRYIN:
    I am watching the tutorials and I will start practicing. This should make me a bit more consistent, which in turn, will lead to a bit more fun.

There's much more fun to be had if you were to pick up the matching 64W to your other ATV's and put that hybrid away. That 64W alone will go a long way to fixing those long putts.   :-)

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 3:38 PM

YankeeJim:
    There's much more fun to be had if you were to pick up the matching 64W to your other ATV's and put that hybrid away. That 64W alone will go a long way to fixing those long putts.   :-)

My sentiments exactly, good sir.

RSS