Forums

Help › Forums

VALLEY of the SUN C C ( a look back at VOTSCC & WGT)

Mon, May 22 2023 12:43 PM (624 replies)
  • ayenys
    20 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2016 10:07 PM

Hi my name is Jen, stumbled on this thread and am so impressed with your tenacity. I am still amateur level and have not accepted any CC or blind friend invites yet.....was waiting to reach at least pro level before I do. Are you still accepting lower tier members? If yes, would I be a  minority? Your posts seem to suggest that your core group of players are higher tiered. I am a very casual player ( spare time an issue) but I am trying to get a few games a week in ( usually late night). Let me know. Thanks, J.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2016 8:21 PM

Paul,

Thanks for the offer, and standing up to JimBog. He may know how to play golf, but not much about diplomacy or tolerance of other's opinions.

im currently in a small club that seems to favor WGT mobile app, so I fit in nicely. But I'll certainly keep you and this club in mind should the situation ever change.

Regards,

JasCooper

• SChoitz
    884 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2017 7:09 AM

For someone looking for a great CC to join, this would be it!  I was in a larger but defunct CC with no communication and nothing to do but learn on my own.  pdb1 sent me an invitation and things changed.  Communication.. Country Club Tournaments... tips, hints, tricks, advice by others that have been through it.

I went from rarely playing at a L30 Amateur to a daily playing L80 Tour Master in 3 months.  Great bunch of people.. Come and join the fun!

• Mca19670
    2,832 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2017 1:51 PM

Been a member of Valley of the Sun Casual Club for around 5 months now. When my previous club was struggling for active members a merge with VOTSCC was an option we were all given. I enjoyed my old club. There was around 40 members in it although maybe only around 8 were active. But I prefer smaller clubs. There's a more togetherness feel about smaller clubs I think than a club that has 250 members. That's my personal opinion anyway. So when Pdb1 (Paul) invited me I was happy to join his club. How glad I did. As I type this we have 38 solid members. I've probably been in contact with at least 2 thirds of them. There's all types of tournaments to suit all tiers. Too many for me sometimes. Lol. And if you shoot a bad score 1 day there's never any teasing, just encouragement. In fact my games improved rapidly in the past 5 months. The club shows its togetherness in every CC Clash also,finishing usually in the Top 40 most clashes. For a small club, that is a tremendous achievement. Last but not least, the club is in great hands under Paul and the other directors I may add. Paul must spend 25 hrs a day running this club. The work that man does is something else. If you don't believe me, check out the club website. Yes we have our own website with bundles of info on it. All he asks is for a little communication, play some CC tournaments, but most of all have fun. So come on, give it a go.

• Next260
    2,189 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 3:50 PM

I was recruited from a dead club.

I checked Valleyofthesuncc.com and read quite a few posts before deciding.

I am very happy I made the change.

Just check it out , what do you have to lose?

RSS