Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven Lies

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 23 2014 3:50 PM (3 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 6:12 AM

I find it difficult to find opportunities to play uneven lies other than in practice mode, I can't just go to a course and play a ranked round on UEL. There is one UEL monthly tournament and a weekly one, both single play, so roughly five free to play tournaments a month available.

There are monthly unlimited play tournaments at (this month) KI, St A's, best of 4's and best of 5's (the last most notable as the trick or treat is also there), a 9 at Congressional and is also a weekly 9 at Olympic, none of them are UEL.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of unlimited play it would be good to have either a monthly tournament in that format or the option of selecting ranked UEL rounds at some of the courses, both would be better.

It may be thought that relatively few play UEL but I reckon this is increasingly untrue, a quick look at the TL weekly single play shows 45 scores compared to 62 on even.  A lot of the increased interest has been created by the great work Corwyn has done/is doing.  On which, I am in no way suggesting the weekly UEL should be unlimited play, I'd be lynched!

While I'm at it, I reckon it would be good to have a button, either when or after you select stroke play, that shows all the UEL ready-go's together.  It would be as handy for those that want to filter them out.

In anticipation of some replies, I'm not suggesting removing one of the existing tournaments or making any UEL unlimited one compulsory to play.

Sorry if some of the detail in this is wrong, I just had a quick look at available tournaments. 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:01 AM

I was going to suggest creating UEL tourneys in your CC but I see you're not affiliated with one. Every so often I create UEL CC Tourneys to give myself something to play on the course of my choice. I agree about the limited choices of UEL play and especially the inability to simply play UEL Ranked games of our own choice.

~CD~

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:40 AM

CerinoDevoti:
    suggest creating UEL tourneys in your CC

A good hint, and easy to follow these days ;)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 3:50 PM

Thanks for that, maybe CC tournaments are a good way to play UEL.  I was just hoping wgt may set up more that are open to all.

RSS