Forums

Help › Forums

Heavy winds, champ greens, black tees...

Mon, Dec 1 2014 6:10 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:38 PM

Is this game stuck on heavy winds, champ greens, same tee boxes for EVERY 'free' weekly/monthly tourney?  Can we get some variety please?  So predictable, week after week, month after month... shake it up a little!

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 8:41 AM

Disgustingly boring for Tour Legends, then wgt piles in enough vem to choke a goat. I look over all the tourneys available everyday, the choices are a huge disappointment. There is not near enough 9 hole tourneys of any type. The monthlies are the worse, no one wants to see the same old thing all month. Make them 2 weeks instead of a month.

Give us Cabo & Whistler as unlimited 9 holes occasionally, you can still charge an initial entry fee.

Plenty of things wgt can do to improve tourneys, use your imagination.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:37 AM

There have been several forums where Icon ask for suggestions and many have given them. Hopefully next month things will be different.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 4:20 PM

The usual, predictably boring freebies again this week.   18 hole SA, heavy winds, champ greens, black tees....YAWN...  And please CEASE with the legend tourneys that NO ONE plays.   I played the BPB event a MONTH ago and it still needs 15 more entries to complete.  Are you people even PAYING ATTENTION?  Does WGT read these forums, or do they just check their bank account every day?  

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Mon, Nov 17 2014 6:36 PM

I guess we've gotten that answer

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:26 PM

"Is this game stuck on heavy winds, champ greens..."

I could not agree more. I am sick of seeing heavy winds and championship greens for every freaking tournament. I have simply given up playing them. I am here to relax and enjoy myself, not contend with the elements as though I were in the middle of a cyclone. Once in a while, perhaps, but it should be the exception, not the rule.

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:53 PM

G0LD:
    heavy winds, champ greens..."
    G0LD:
    as though I were in the middle of a cyclone
          Legend  BPB b9  r.g ,   str8  hurricane - champ 13 greens , happy to shoot even par in those conditions!  : )       ..(happiness is making par on hole# 15 front pin placement with 15-20 mph crosswind approach)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2014 12:32 AM

Here we go again more TL whinging....lol   I suppose that's what people are thinking.

I agree with everything that has been said sofar, except for the green fees on cabo/whistler.

Free unlimited on those 2 courses are great. Ok, low scores will be shot,  but I don't care...at least I will have some fun when it's free.

The best thing that happened  to CC's was the introduction of comps from shorter Tee's, it just brought that little bit of fun back into the game.

Wgt Comps from shorter Tee's, Low winds...make em Single which is fair enough. Unlimited comps with Med/Low winds is pretty good.  High winds all the time is a pain!

-Roger

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:17 PM

And now for something really different.. December best of par 5 unlimited... high winds, champ greens, black tees... yet again...

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:57 PM

So since I've played the par 5 heavy winds, black tees, champ greens a thousand times, I figured I'd try something different.  Went for this week's 'weekly' tourney... best of wgt holes... stop me if you've heard of this one- heavy winds, black tees, champ greens... WGT only paying attention to their bank accounts... still...

• PAGES
RSS