Forums

Help › Forums

Tier up Avatars

Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:30 AM (8 replies)
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 8:13 AM

In the past 18 months I can't recall seeing any new avatars. Not that it's WGT's primary concern or focus but not ones to shy away from making $$$ I'm surprised they haven't capitalized on expanding upon the current choices.

It's not rocket science - changing shirts, skirts and trousers, shoes with an alternative colour or adding a hat or some other accessory isn't exactly a developers nightmare for the mildly competent.

Just one idea I thought would be nice (though it would be a WGT freebie), would be to have an avatar added to the existing collection upon moving up to a new tier. For example:

Amateur:       

Pro:               

Tour Pro:       

Master:          

Tour Master:

Legend:        

Tour Legend:

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 8:52 AM

I agree but the have the elite collection to battle this idea bro custom avatar for a wgt life time salary lol

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 10:59 AM

is it 800 credits to pick an avatar?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 11:18 AM
    adaputter:

is it 800 credits to pick an avatar?

The prices vary. They are in the Pro Shop.
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 8:47 PM

spdemon:

I agree but the have the elite collection to battle this idea bro custom avatar for a wgt life time salary lol

yeah but this wouldn't be a custom avatar. Players can pay through the nose for a custom one if they want and choose what their avatar looks like.

WGT would decide upon the appearance of these avatars (like the others available from the Pro Shop), players would not get to choose. Hypothetically, it would appear by default in their collection or be available as a 'free purchase' from the Pro Shop once they reached the new tier. 

• BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:50 PM

I do like the idea of more variety with regards to colors for shirts/slacks for the avatars. Several of the avatars shown in the OP I would gladly purchase, depending on price and which 'default male' was made available of course. I'm not a real big fan of the embroidery on the shirts, however. 

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 10:09 PM

BigInigoMontoya:

I do like the idea of more variety with regards to colors for shirts/slacks for the avatars. Several of the avatars shown in the OP I would gladly purchase, depending on price and which 'default male' was made available of course. I'm not a real big fan of the embroidery on the shirts, however. 

Thanks, it's good to get some helpful feedback. I agree. As for the embroidery, I'm sure WGT could make something that looks better, I just made these up in about 10 minutes to give as an example :)

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 3:13 AM

In defence of WGT everyone had the opportunity to get the free pinehurst avatars.  I even gifted a few  lol

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 3:30 AM

Great idea Steven.

Had this one a couple of months ago and I still think isn't a bad idea.

RSS