Help › Forums

Tour starter clubs and starter clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 19 2009 1:29 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tigerpga012
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 6:27 PM

Hello, ive never noticed this before but i see tour starter clubs. I was just wondering what the difference was is one better... dose one hit farther or what?

*~Big Johnny~*

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 6:34 PM

Tour Starters are better all around:  5 yards extra distance on each of the clubs, and better spin.  They are what I use.

• Decarz2
    24 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 8:02 PM

tibbets i've wondered why you use the tour starter clubs. Are they better than the taylormade and ping clubs, and why do you think they're better. And i'm only asking you tibbets. Not trying to be rude or anything,but i'm just trying to get the best player up here's opinion.

Decarz2

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 8:32 PM

No offense taken Decarz2, it's a good question.

The reasons I use them?  1.  I know them inside and out, how they play, what to expect out of each club, etc. 2.  I've had great success with them so far, and I'm living by the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I'm sure that I'll switch out to different clubs at some point, but only when I feel I'm no longer competitive with this set, and that hasn't come close to happening yet.   3.  I own all the clubs out there, and have tried them all.  The Taylormade and PIng clubs are fine ones as well, but I don't find them to be any more accurate on average than the Tour Starters, and they are less forgiving.  All you gain is 5 extra yards on average, and that's only if you hit the line perfectly.  Miss by a little, and all that extra yardage gets erased.  It might seem like you'd need more yardage on a course like Bethpage, but obviously you don't since the lowest score recorded was using the Tour Starters.  The only thing I've upgraded and continued to use is the TaylorMade r9 driver.  With the high winds on Kiawah and the length of Bethpage off the tee to the fairway, it's kind of a must have.

It's all about feel and what plays well for you.  If you are looking for your first upgrade from the basic club set, I would definitely reccommend the Tour Starter set as your first purchase.  They are pretty cheap, and give you just enough extra distance, spin, and forgiveness to be highly competitive.

• ducegolf2
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 11:19 AM

Thank you tibbets , that was very helpful. I know you  hear this a lot but i would like to play with of your caliber, and since you're the only one, i would like to play with you. Ducegolf2

• ducegolf2
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 1:13 PM

I'm sorry but i didnt know this snaike. I did this because they moved me up to master and i wasn't good enough. i just wanted to get more practice. But for right now i will only be using this ducegolf2 account. I hope I really dont get in trouble.

Ducegolf2 / Decarz2

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 3:01 PM

It would be a good idea to email them, members@worldgolftour.com.

Let them know as soon as you can.

Good luck.

• backspin63
    67 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 9:21 PM

This excuse of not knowing you can only have ONE account is old! It's all over the forum and I belive when you sign up it states it also! You cant come on here and B/S and say "I did'nt know" I dont buy it and WGT should'nt either! Why would anyone wish good luck to a cheater, you openly admitted you were cheating because you were moved up to a master ranking.. if thats the case then practice as a master and improve your skill's! You are the second guy to post that you have two accounts along with the other guy who told everyone who read his post that he was using some type of auto clicker software.  You fellas must live in the ozark mountains. not much comon sense!

• ducegolf2
    19 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2009 6:51 AM

Well sorry  for not being informed. . I'm tired of hearing peoples mouths about it.  I've already had WGT to disable my old account. Either way I'm already up to pro on this account. Their probably abbout to move me to master anyway.

Ducegolf2

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2009 6:56 AM

Was it fun beating up on hacks for a day?

• PAGES
RSS