Forums

Help › Forums

When Did You Change Tiers With Respect To Ranked Rounds?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 20 2014 6:29 AM (9 replies)
  • SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:43 AM

I've been going back through my record thus far to determine when and with how many ranked rounds (approx. based on 5 rounds per day) I moved up each tier.

I've gotten some less than honorable to downright vulgar remarks concerning the speed with which I've moved up.  I'd like to compare my stats with others (without the leg work, tyvm)

From beginning to T.P.

Aug 15th > Aug 29th

80 ranked rounds

From TP to M (by far the hardest for me as I wanted to wait for the PING irons and used low level Taylors)

Aug 29th > Sept 25th

140 ranked rounds

M to TM (current driver and irons acquired which essentially nullified the course length difference between M and TM and was a seamless transition, really)

Sept 25th > Oct 6th

60 ranked rounds

TM to Legend (I'd rather not...)

Oct 6th > present

65 ranked rounds and counting...

Best,

SoKo

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:48 AM
    You have a total of 339 ranked rounds. I made Legend in 221. I've seen it done in less than 100. With the clubs and balls that are available now it's a lot easier than it was.
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 4:55 AM

SoKoSteve:
    M to TM (current driver and irons acquired which essentially nullified the course length difference between M and TM and was a seamless transition, really)

This difference was zilch - same tees but faster greens.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 5:39 AM

alosso:

SoKoSteve:

This difference was zilch - same tees but faster greens.

Really?  I remember not being able to hit the fairway on the 18th at Merion with my old driver once I changed tiers.  At least I think I remember that...

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 7:02 AM

That may have been when you became a Master - this difference is relevant!

My numbers concerning your subject are those of a turtle:

480 Master games in 3 months,

515 TM games in 6 months, *)

670 Legend games in 21 months.

*) this was when the real FWs became available again ;)

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 3:47 AM

alosso:

That may have been when you became a Master - this difference is relevant!

My numbers concerning your subject are those of a turtle:

480 Master games in 3 months,

515 TM games in 6 months, *)

670 Legend games in 21 months.

*) this was when the real FWs became available again ;)

This may be a stupid question, but does "FW" stand for fairway wood?  I'm guessing not.

You certainly took your time, though!  In retrospect, if I could start again, I would play slower and maybe savour each round a bit, but I've gunned it and can't seem to find the brake...

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 4:39 AM

FW means fairway - eventually I recovered from some health issue which would keep me away from the golf courses for almost a year. Doing more of the real thing certainly hindered my WGT career!

I was even slower before, four effective months to Master. That was playing with Starters, less interested in scores, playing low cost and hoping for a quick end of my golf pause. I always admired the views!

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 4:52 AM

alosso:

FW means fairway - eventually I recovered from some health issue which would keep me away from the golf courses for almost a year. Doing more of the real thing certainly hindered my WGT career!

I was even slower before, four effective months to Master. That was playing with Starters, less interested in scores, playing low cost and hoping for a quick end of my golf pause. I always admired the views!

Lucky you.  I get out 2-3 times a year over here.  Back in Canada I golfed once every week or two, but it's too expensive in my adopted country.  Well, most places.  You can have a good time at the course in Canada for under a hundred, but that merely covers the mandatory caddy fee here.  Plus, OB is everywhere here and really takes the fun out of it for me.  I could count on hitting from the other fairway at least once a round in Canada, here it's 3 off the tee.

I'm sure my desire to play more has translated into more virtual time.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 5:00 AM

Outch!

Golf costs more here than in England or Scotland, but my saying is that 2000 € per allow for a lot of fun (membership is mandatory here but then access to their course is free). In these days we collect the last Indian Summer days - hopefully again tomorrow if the rain ceases.

Enjoy your time mate!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 6:29 AM
    £15 for 18 holes where I play.
RSS