Forums

Help › Forums

Seeing Ready Go Results Before Play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:16 PM (37 replies)
  • SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 5:27 PM

If a player enters a Ready Go as one of the last players and the tourney is filled, can he or she she the results that everyone else can see up to that point?

I mean, if I enter early and play, and there are still spots to be filled, I don't have this advantage.  What about the late entries, or people who have entered but waited to play (these people...ugh...a whole other thread)?

I have to ask because I never enter and wait, I just pay and smack'em.

S.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 5:33 PM

You are right, it can be done so that you see the other scores before you play.

Something Wgt should fix asap.

Seen many of the top player do this 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 6:16 PM

Not something that should be fixed. Players that play last have a distinct disadvantage under the countback rules, which is the reason I would always play as soon as I can. Seeing what the leading scores are doesn't help you shoot them.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 6:24 PM

fmagnets:

Not something that should be fixed. Players that play last have a distinct disadvantage under the countback rules, which is the reason I would always play as soon as I can. Seeing what the leading scores are doesn't help you shoot them.

Don't agree with you here, it makes a big difference knowing if you need a 28 or a 30 to win in that ready go.

Heavy wind congo b9 and knowing that you need  2 birds on the last holes , or you can par to end in top 4. 

That is called an advantage. 

It should be blind until all have posted a score.

Last player knows what score will give a profit! 

Helps those big time knowing if they can get the top 10 or not.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 7:14 PM

fmagnets:

Can't disagree more. (with all due respect, of course)

The game itself is rife with sandbaggers/multi-accounters.  These guys can sit around and wait until the scores are posted and beat the top score by a stroke or two at will without bringing attention to themselves.

Furthermore, if I'm playing a treacherous par-5 that is an easy birdie or a possible par/bogey if an on-in-two approach goes slightly off, the score dictates the play.  If a birdie gets you there, you lay up.  If not, you go for it and possibly make eagle.

Moreover, the countback rules should be used as motivation by WGT to speed up entry and game play.  It's not only better for the players who don't want to wait 2 days for the tourney to fill up, but also a good business decision for WGT (more tourneys equals more profit).

Best,

S.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 7:23 PM

SoKoSteve:

fmagnets:

The game itself is rife with sandbaggers/multi-accounters.  These guys can sit around and wait until the scores are posted and beat the top score by a stroke or two at will without bringing attention to themselves.

Furthermore, if I'm playing a treacherous par-5 that is an easy birdie or a possible par/bogey if an on-in-two approach goes slightly off, the score dictates the play.  If a birdie gets you there, you lay up.  If not, you go for it and possibly make eagle.

Moreover, the countback rules should be used as motivation by WGT to speed up entry and game play.  It's not only better for the players who don't want to wait 2 days for the tourney to fill up, but also a good business decision for WGT (more tourneys equals more profit).

Best,

S.

Ok I thought my point was valid, but what are you going on with multi and sandbaggers??

how is a sandbagger getting any edge over others ?

I am talking about the top sharks that can see if they can win easy credits.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 8:13 PM

siggipj76:

SoKoSteve:

fmagnets:

Best,

S.

Ok I thought my point was valid, but what are you going on with multi and sandbaggers??

how is a sandbagger getting any edge over others ?

I am talking about the top sharks that can see if they can win easy credits.

Guys who don't want to move up so they keep their scores low until the critical point.

I thought my "at will" point was quite clear.  Sandbaggers have an advantage b/c they can play tiers below their skill and cash in at the right moment.

Let's say they are playing Merion in TM.  They obviously don't want to move up to Legend because the TMs are easy pickings.  So, if they need a 64 to win, are they gonna go out and shoot a 60 and push closer to Legend status?  Of course not.  If someone is a multi (one Tour Legend account and a Master account) - meaning they've played the game before and know how to score low - are they going to bring attention to themselves by shooting the lights out?  Of course not, they'll win by one.

Or there is this less malicious, but equally problematic scenario.  A player is on the cusp of becoming a TM.  She's played hard and earned her way up, and is now comfortable and competitive at Master tier.  She knows that she needs a 65 on Merion to win the tourney.  She's sitting on the 18th at -7 with a tap in birdie.

Does she make the putt?

For most people, it's a yes.  For others, it's a 1 foot three putt.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 8:17 PM

And you're right, also.

Sharks can just sit around and see what they have to shoot and shoot it whether or not they care about moving up tiers.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 8:31 PM

SoKoSteve:

If a player enters a Ready Go as one of the last players and the tourney is filled, can he or she she the results that everyone else can see up to that point?

I mean, if I enter early and play, and there are still spots to be filled, I don't have this advantage.  What about the late entries, or people who have entered but waited to play (these people...ugh...a whole other thread)?

I have to ask because I never enter and wait, I just pay and smack'em.

S.

Sore loser perhaps?

If you are not good enough to play ready go's stay out of them bottom line 

EDIT To many great newbies to be playing them anyways unless your mags lol 

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 8:47 PM

I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to seeing ready go tournament scores before the tourney has ended and all scores are posted,,I've been playing for years and have never seen any ready go scores posted until the tourney is over?????what am I missing here???????,,how does someone look at a ready go and see any scores while the tourney is still in progress???,,I've always had to wait until it's finished and posted on my home page and then click on the tourney to see how  I've  done......

RSS