Help › Forums

RSG #7

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 13 2014 8:10 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Sun, Oct 12 2014 11:05 PM

I'm going to assume that everyone has the same experience as me and that my trigger finger is not to blame here.  These are two big assumptions, but I'm quite convinced that the latter is true.

So, invariably my second shot to the green is an easy on; however, I've noticed that the meter also invariably ends up being clicked to the left of centre.  If this happened once or twice, I could understand, but (I'm a slow learner) it dawned on my today that it seems to be every single time.  So, I think that my DING rhythm doesn't click on this hole and is always early because of the game set-up.

Anyone agree or disagree?

S.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 1:04 AM

I will wote no on this one.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 1:36 AM

Sorry, it is a no from me too.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 4:51 AM

alanti:

Sorry, it is a no from me too.

Don't be sorry, I was trying to get people's thoughts from experience.  Your responses lead me to believe that it's all on me, which is interesting.  Much like real golf, I'm thinking, "Don't go left," and of course, I go left.  Cool mental part of it if that's the case.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 12:08 PM

SoKoSteve:
    Much like real golf, I'm thinking, "Don't go left," and of course, I go left.  Cool mental part of it if that's the case.

I hear ya, the power of positive ....or in this case negative thinking.

The amount of times I have thought...water on the right or OB on the left, only to slice or hook the ball - and I was off a low handicap. Take the hazard out (mentally) and you are on the fairway!

In this game, when starting out I would always click late on #17 Kiawah, these days unless someone you are playing with finds the water - I forget there is water on that hole  (as it is I despise that course because of the green reads).

But to this day if I say to myself, DO NOT GO LEFT (or right), as sure as little green apples...I do.

But I don't think it is a conspiracy..

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 2:43 PM

SoKoSteve:
    So, invariably my second shot to the green is an easy on; however, I've noticed that the meter also invariably ends up being clicked to the left of centre.

That may be a fact. For me, #7 is entirely one of several "local knowledge" type holes we have here on several courses. On #7, I find none of the distances, directions or reactions jibe with what is usual. This I find particularly true on the #7 green where the grid colors & grid itself is not to be trusted until learned, then ignored. ~ SP ~

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 7:03 PM

SoKoSteve:

So, invariably my second shot to the green is an easy on; however, I've noticed that the meter also invariably ends up being clicked to the left of centre.

it seems to be every single time.  So, I think that my DING rhythm doesn't click on this hole and is always early because of the game set-up.

Anyone agree or disagree?

S.

My notes don't have it on that one. But other holes I make note if an early pre-ding is common. (also any post-ding)

Like on hole #6 on RSG, that par 3. For some reason, even when I've made a note to be careful not to click early, it is still common to hit a pre-ding shot.

If you notice that on any other hole, just ask me and I will check my notes to see it we have the same experience.

edit:

I was just agreeing with what a many players have observed, which I already saw for myself, and what a legend and tour legend have taught me about the way the meter acts.

But once you made note, there is a consistency to its inconsistency and it seems to coincide with the hole or situation. 

"the swing meter can stop-go, stop-go, stop-go.", "a slight pause is followed by a rocket like meter. Often occurs at the worst possible time frequently when a water hazard is present. "

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/161573/1088319.aspx#1088319

One legend said "if water is left side  meter goes super slow near and before ding area and speed up after ding. In this case they want you to click before ding., they slow it than normal...you think you click at normal spot and boom you will click before ding"

I didn't have to hear it, I already experienced and mentioned it in great detail. 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 7:12 PM

His question was = are there holes where you can't help hitting before the ding.

The answer is still no.

You both give good tips though, that I am sure he will like, he just's has to accept that he is in control of this game !

if you see something odd on the same hole more than twice, then take notes.

That has saved me many a long birdie putt or par save.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 7:47 PM

siggipj76:

His question was = are there holes where you can't help hitting before the ding.

The answer is still no.

You both give good tips though, that I am sure he will like, he just's has to accept that he is in control of this game !

I said, "So, I think that my DING rhythm doesn't click on this hole and is always early because of the game set-up."

I certainly didn't say that it was impossible to hit the DING or after the DING, just that it is easier to miss before the DING.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 8:04 PM

SoKoSteve:

siggipj76:

The answer is still no.

I said, "So, I think that my DING rhythm doesn't click on this hole and is always early because of the game set-up."

I certainly didn't say that it was impossible to hit the DING or after the DING, just that it is easier to miss before the DING.

Well I misunderstood that point , and that is on me sorry :)

But I still will say that all holes play they same.(no game set up there )

There is no hole where dinging shots is easier than others from a computer point of view

But like Alanti said , if you have congo nr 18 and you know you cant hit early as it will land you in the water, then that will always mess with your head!

That is all in our heads , think you will miss and you will miss, that is abc in most sports.

• PAGES
RSS