Help › Forums

Tonnes and Tonnes of Hacks 150.00

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 3 2014 6:44 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 8:39 AM

So, I decided to do some searching to see how many players from Korea are on the site actively playing.  Well, it turns out there were many more than I thought there would be.  However, after scrolling down the list, I noticed that most of these "players" are Hacks that have never played a game.

Does anybody know why this is?  Ostensibly, WGT has created a bunch of dummy players, but for what purpose?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 8:41 AM

I'd rather say, a ton of individuals created accounts and stepped off after the first trials.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 8:56 AM

alosso:

I'd rather say, a ton of individuals created accounts and stepped off after the first trials.

Yeah, but really odd numeric names.  Not what you'd expect.  I've also witnessed this in Malaysian players previously.  Many of them were of the same pattern with letters interchanged and all Hack 150.

e.g.

cxmmxc

nxmmxn

pteetp

Just really weird patterns and all Hack 150.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 9:35 AM

Really odd!

Perhaps so. took multiple gifts for inviting their "friends"?

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 7:46 PM

alosso:
    I'd rather say,

I am sure you may rather say that.

Some may say it is Staff creating new accounts in order to prove their claims to their advertisers that their add dollars are being well seen & spent.

"Look at all the new players signing up every day" Woo Hoo

Some may say that. Not me. I would never believe a business would COOK their BOOKS.

I WOULD say that about 8 - 12 % of them were one hit wonders but not more than that.

Your a bright guy Soko. Hows things on the 38th?

Flick a booger north at Kim for me, please?

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 8:10 PM

This is WGT being thinking in finance only,

It does sound better 10. million than 750.000 active.

When they go and search for money to sponsor this game.

if they lost all the 150 hacks , wow the numbers would drop faster than a wall street crash ! 

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 6:03 AM

ithurtswnipee:

alosso:
    I'd rather say,

I am sure you may rather say that.

Some may say it is Staff creating new accounts in order to prove their claims to their advertisers that their add dollars are being well seen & spent.

"Look at all the new players signing up every day" Woo Hoo

Some may say that. Not me. I would never believe a business would COOK their BOOKS.

I WOULD say that about 8 - 12 % of them were one hit wonders but not more than that.

Your a bright guy Soko. Hows things on the 38th?

Flick a booger north at Kim for me, please?

Things are good here (in the south of the South).  Booger flicked.  

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 6:38 AM

SoKoSteve:
     However, after scrolling down the list, I noticed that most of these "players" are Hacks that have never played a game.

There is quite a few players like this. Not just with Koreans but with all nationalities.

Which I have to remind WGT.....lol.     There is a profile name called 'Mantis'. Joined in 2008 and has not played one single game....not one of anything....lol

Delete the profile name and delete the numbers off mine so I can have 'Mantis' . Keep my stats and everything from my end.....  Please, Pretty Please

-Roger

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 6:53 AM

mantis0014:

Delete the profile name and delete the numbers off mine so I can have 'Mantis' . Keep my stats and everything from my end.....  Please, Pretty Please

-Roger

LOL...would be nice. Let me know if they "work with ya" on your proposal. I'd be willing to drop 10,000 creds for the chance. I'm off to check for jayw's :-)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 12:37 PM

SoKoSteve:

So, I decided to do some searching to see how many players from Korea are on the site actively playing.  Well, it turns out there were many more than I thought there would be.  However, after scrolling down the list, I noticed that most of these "players" are Hacks that have never played a game.

Does anybody know why this is?  Ostensibly, WGT has created a bunch of dummy players, but for what purpose?

Maybe a StarCraft server went down for 5 minutes.

• PAGES
RSS