Forums

Help › Forums

Premature removal

Wed, Oct 1 2014 9:10 PM (1 replies)
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 8:13 PM

Start of a new month and I was trying to clear some of the deadwood but I prematurely removed a player (recruit) that hadn't met the minimum criteria for staying at the club. I then realized that he had entered a paid tournament that hasn't finished.

I should have allowed him to finish and complete the tournament as a) he might have met the min requirement upon completion of the tournament and b) there were credits involved.

It's no great loss to the club but I feel I owe it to him on principle, so I've sent him a message to see if he'll come back. Anyway I'm curious....

What happens with the tournament he entered. I assume his credits would be deducted from the pot and WGT would return them to him and if he joined again he wouldn't be eligible to play in the tournament even though he's played R1 and R2 and R3 is open because he was removed and would be counted as a new player thus being too late to play?

Just wanted to check...it would be great if he could still play R3 and R4 and continue as is but I'm doubtful.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 9:10 PM

My guess is that he'd be allowed to play and perhaps collect a win regardless, legitimated by his status at the beginning of the tournament, as a member.

I haven't checked for multiround tourneys, but on my CC's message board I've seen winner notices of new members for tourneys from their previous CCs.

RSS