Forums

Help › Forums

Guy Ruined My Game in Match Play

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 1 2014 7:38 PM (8 replies)
  • SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 4:29 PM

Alright, so I guess my skin should be thicker and I should know that there are plenty of rocks with these kinds of guys living underneath, but man, a good night was turned sour last night after playing a few decent match plays.

The guy starts in with this:

Ahhh, your (sic) a restart wanker then

At first, I truly didn't know what he meant, until I thought about it, and then I realized that he thought it was my second account.  Well, here's a guy who has taken forever to reach Legend.  I'm sure he's played a lot, put in the hours/days/weeks/months and finally gotten to where he wants to be.  That's great for him.  But just because he took 2-3 years to do something, it must take me the same?

I've been playing this game every day since I joined (not too long ago) and I've been helped considerably by my extensive collection of Tiger Woods PGA XBOX games.  Seriously, the wind game is not really an issue for me due to my previous experience with this game I've been playing since 2007.  I work at home and have more than enough free time to play 4-6 rounds a day (and do, much to the chagrin of my wife).  So, yeah, maybe I've moved up quickly, but I reached Master at 61 I believe, and I don't think that's extraordinary at all.

Here are my less than stellar stats:

Stroke Play Score Average 68.44          Best 9-Hole Round 23                       Best 18-Hole Round 62          Total Ranked Rounds Played 199          Total Holes-In-One 1          Total Double Eagles 0          Total Eagles 4          Total Birdies 514          Total Pars 1,282     Total Bogeys 461          Total Double Bogeys 75          Total Others 13         Par 3 Score Avg. 3.12          Par 4 Score Avg. 4.10          Par 5 Score Avg. 4.79          Skill Challenge Avg. Score 355.18

***sorry, not gonna try to organize this cut and paste mess anymore!

So, yeah, I get that playing against restarters sucks and they are much better than their stats suggest.  That's why I don't play low-average Hacks/Amateurs/Pros for credits.  However, if you're gonna play a Master+, you'd better expect them to play well whether they are restarters or not.  This guy had no idea who I was, nor do I believe my stats suggest I am better than I actually play and have opened another account after "mastering" (yeah, right) the game.  I woke up still irritated by this guy.  And now, I'll let it go.

BTW, he beat me in 9 holes up 2.  Good for him.  And for a whopping 150 credits.  I hope he buys a Zoloft with it. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 6:41 PM

SoKoSteve:
    eriously, the wind game is not really an issue for me due to my previous experience with this game I've been playing since 2007.

But your profile says you joined August 2014.  So you did "restart"?   Not that I am calling you a wanker, but having more than one account is against the rules man. ;-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 6:54 PM

I think he was talking about Tiger Woods Golf Game. I had one from 2000

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 6:56 PM

hpurey:

SoKoSteve:
    eriously, the wind game is not really an issue for me due to my previous experience with this game I've been playing since 2007.

But your profile says you joined August 2014.  So you did "restart"?   Not that I am calling you a wanker, but having more than one account is against the rules man. ;-)

By "this game", I meant Tiger Woods.  I joined WGT for the first time in August.

• stabem
    4 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 7:38 PM

Don't know where to put this, so you guys get it! Most everyone on here plays real golf or you would not be interested in this game. I am sick of having people verbally assault me just because they are hiding behind a keyboard. Golf is a gentleman's game, you have fun you  "shoot the crap" and you brag "good shot". But there or some in here that get vulgar and like most of you I have paid my dues and my money to enjoy and not be cussed and talked down too by such a waste of air. I think we should be able to report such things from people as this (this happened today) Where did you get your store bought clubs by sucking your dad's $%$! That's not golf nor is it what I play here for. Chat should be able to be reported more easily and swift action taken. Most are from people that don't contribute the money we do to this game! 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 9:30 PM

SoKoSteve:
    Alright, so I guess my skin should be thicker and I should know that there are plenty of rocks with these kinds of guys living underneath
    This!

There's plenty of folks around who talk bad and get personal for many reasons, and most might do it to make themselves feel better. It may also be a "clever" game tactics to make their opponent feel bad and play bad - don't let them come to your skin.

Block & forget, that's all those cranks are worth.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 4:08 AM

SoKoSteve:

hpurey:

SoKoSteve:

By "this game", I meant Tiger Woods.  I joined WGT for the first time in August.

Ahhhh,  I see said the blind man.  Carry on :)

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 5:34 AM

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 6:05 AM

RSS