Help › Forums

Master Tier

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 28 2014 1:18 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BobbyJones42
    12 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 1:08 PM

Could someone tell me what average score is required to move up to the Master tier?

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 1:47 PM

That'll be a 67 I believe.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Wed, Oct 1 2014 9:16 PM

BobbyJones42:

Could someone tell me what average score is required to move up to the Master tier?

Well, these days, a lvl71 Master can have a 61.03 average and win every Ready Go and still continue to be a Master.

Go figure.

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 7:04 PM

The moment you go BELOW 67 you become a master. Just happened

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 8:08 PM

I'd rather say, equal or lower to 67.00 is the promotion threshold.

Furtheron, 25 ranked rounds is usually required which explains some talented or "extremely talented" guys' lower average. Look into their score histories to count the rounds.

• BobbyJones42
    12 Posts
    Wed, Nov 19 2014 4:01 AM

I was asking because I noticed that one of the leaders in one of the Nov. tournaments is a Master with an average of 71.1 and wondered how that was possible.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Nov 19 2014 10:49 AM

BobbyJones42:

I was asking because I noticed that one of the leaders in one of the Nov. tournaments is a Master with an average of 71.1 and wondered how that was possible.

When you move into a new tier, your scoring average is reset.  So your new average will be based on your ranked scores in the new tier.

- WGTdbloshoe

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Nov 19 2014 11:05 AM

BobbyJones42:

How did you look into a Nov. tournament on 9-30? *giggles*

You are a Tour Pro, so apparently you talk about a TP leaderboard(?)

That is another issue, yet perfectly legal, especially in the monthlies. Participants stay in the same group of the tournament (say, TP) through the whole duration, regardless of possibly tiering up in between. A lot may happen in a month, look into the lower tiers.

BTW: The conditions will remain the same, favourable, too...

• BobbyJones42
    12 Posts
    Thu, Nov 20 2014 8:33 PM

I had a previous post I'd forgotten about that was Master Level. The above was meant to be posted on that one and I missed.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 6:59 PM
    • When you have played at least 5 ranked rounds as Hack- and your average score is equal to or lower than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.
    • When you have played at least 10  ranked rounds as Amateur- and your average score is equal to or lower than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro.
    • When you have played at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro- and your average score is equal to or lower than 72 you go from Pro to Tour Pro
    • When you have played at least 30 ranked rounds as Tour Pro- and your average score is equal to or lower than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master
    • When you have played at least 40  ranked rounds as Master- and your average score is equal to or lower than 63 you go from Master to Tour Master
    • When you have played at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master- and your average score is equal to or lower than 61 you go from Tour Master to Legend 
    • When you have played at least 500  ranked rounds as Legend- and your average score is equal to or lower than 60 you go from Legend  to Tour Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

• PAGES
RSS