Forums

Help › Forums

Anyone else hit a UFO ?

Sun, Oct 5 2014 8:53 AM (25 replies)
  • JockJockson
    1,025 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 12:28 PM

Strangest thing just happened when I struck a sweet tee-off and while the ball was rising up into the air a strange black dot flew up from the ground and thwacked into my ball, knocking it dead into the rough before the fairway.

No alcohol has been consumed...

I replayed the shot a couple of times but couldn't make out what I hit, presumably a bird. Surprised the game is designed to include this level of "reality"...?

I'd be impressed if it wasn't for the fact that it really screwed up my round.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 2:42 PM

My guess would be a spectator who thought they were at a clay pigeon shoot.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 2:55 PM

it was rory's early 'cork' launch :)

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 3:17 PM

I think Yancy should be informed !! 

This might be a breakthrough !!! 

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 3:26 PM

JockJockson:
    I replayed the shot a couple of times but couldn't make out what I hit, presumably a bird. Surprised the game is designed to include this level of "reality"...?

Hello - My name is Yancy
    From The WGT Alien Ambassadors Country Club

I would sincereally like to see this replay. Can you post it all up here please?
    We are intiguables about this and whatnots.

Regards, I am Yancy

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 6:17 PM

duffer19:

it was rory's early 'cork' launch :)

not sure if this will help yancy - but as your search narrows for a possible source of the reported ooofoh

• JockJockson
    1,025 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 1:51 PM

Hello all,

I am humbled that so many of you have shown such a keen interest in this most rare of events.

Yancy,

heres the link to see the replay :

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=4eea9808-218e-4357-9165-a3b5013e2a92

At first I thought I'd hit a branch on the tree. But the replay from behind the tee clearly shows that it isn't anywhere near the tree.

On repeated viewing, I am now convinced that it's the shadow of the ball that you can see moving along the rough after the tee, and then it takes a sudden jump up into the sky to collide with the ball and send it crashing to earth. Maybe the shadow just got sick fed up of crawling along the ground all the time and decided to get in on the flying act that the ball was having such a good time with.

A shadow meeting its object in mid-air could probably rip a hole in the space time continuum, so I suppose I got off lucky with a mere penalty of a 75 yard drive.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 3:35 PM

That's one of the oddest things I've seen in this game in 2½ years.

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 3:59 PM

I watched from Cam 1 numerous times and using freeze finally saw ball must have hit tree limb as there was a sudden change in direction back toward FW

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 4:05 PM

lol ... wouldn't have believed if i hadn't seen it ...

RSS