Forums

Help › Forums

Free balls offer

Sun, Nov 23 2014 6:28 AM (23 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 9:06 AM

It's been a while since the last one offer so, how about something like the well-known offer which every 10$ in credits you'll recive a free ball or indeed after $25 a complete sleeve.

Better the second one and maybe during this Ryder Cup weekend.

David.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 9:58 AM

I sort of like the free ball offers but I'd rather have an extra 20% when buying credits.  They did this once (not sure how many % it was) and it was more worthwhile for me than a sleeve of expensive balls that I'll never actually buy any more of.

If I got some extra credits as a bonus then I could spend them on my beloved L33 Callaways.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 12:21 PM

How about buy 10 sleeves and get 1 as a bonus

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 12:50 PM

Better will be 5 sleeves for get 5 balls or even 1 ball each every sleeve.

That's cool and good priced.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 1:20 PM

MainzMan:
    I'd rather have an extra 20% when buying credits.

Personally for me, this is the best offer. It then allows you to spend the extra credits on what you want.

By getting a sleeve of balls is nice, but this is simply a way of marketing new balls - ones that players will often never try unless they are given them nor will they the balls again buy again. So from WGT's perspective, simply giving credits away will not promote players to spend more on their future ball purchases.

Also I like David's idea, by giving a ball away with each sleeve, but how would this be done when purchasing the credits? Also I cannot see WGT cutting into this revenue stream quite so easily.

I have always liked the idea of a bulk purchase discount - you are in control of what you are getting, good PR and no messy programming (with no new bugs lol). Yes it is a cost to WGT, but they can then do the sums to see what benefits all parties.

• KlamityJ
    14 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 1:54 PM

I am confused...maybe you can help.   Am new player and 2 days ago a player gifted me with some better balls.  Today the site said I used up my 3 new balls!!!  I then spent all my credits to get some for my hubby today and he got same notice today!!!  So what's with gifted balls???

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 2:08 PM

Hey KlamityJ. I sent you a private message. Just go ahead and respond there. I'll ask a CS Agent to assist you further in this matter. 

Also thanks for the suggestions everyone. 20% bonus credits sounds like a deal to me.

-WGTyphoon

• Ravpil
    14 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 2:38 PM

Sounds like a deal to me Typhoon, when can we expect this to happen...... i need to buy some balls soon but i need to buy credits first....

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 10:54 PM

Hope to smell some discount or new balls in a couple of days.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Nov 21 2014 12:48 AM

WGTyphoon:

Also thanks for the suggestions everyone. 20% bonus credits sounds like a deal to me.

-WGTyphoon

The most beautiful time of the year is coming.

There's any chance to turn words into deeds or are thrown to the wind.

RSS