Forums

Help › Forums

balls

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 22 2014 12:54 PM (3 replies)
  • doinw
    18 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 2:13 AM

last week I finly had credits to buy baiis and clubs  will i was in the middle of a tournament and wgt took my new ball out of play  i would like to know y  and where did it go can i get it back?

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 10:08 AM

Hello doinw,

When you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable. We have a similar concept in WGT where balls purchased from the Pro Shop have a durability factor and will wear out as you use them. When a ball wears out you will receive the message that the ball has been "Taken Out of Play".

When a balls wears out, it is automatically replaced by another ball of the same type from your inventory. If you have none of the same type, they are replaced instead with a free WGT starter ball. I hope this helped with understanding and I'm sorry you lost your ball.

-WGTyphoon

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 11:49 AM

doinw:

last week I finly had credits to buy baiis and clubs  will i was in the middle of a tournament and wgt took my new ball out of play  i would like to know y  and where did it go can i get it back?

The ball wore out and you can't get it back.

As mentioned, WGT posts a notice when you start using the last ball of a sleeve of balls. WGT also gives you a chance to buy another sleeve of the same ball at that time.

WGT also provides a ball life (Hits) meter at the bottom right of the game client page. When that indicator turns red you have less than 25% of that balls life left

In addition, when you open the initial game client page the My Equipment part of the page shows how many of the balls your bag is equipped with are available for play.

FAQ Home

Pro Shop

Durability: Will display how many hits the ball can absorb before being taken out of play

What is the ball durability limit?

Each ball can only be used for a limited number of shots. The number of hits will be tracked and displayed on the swing interface in the game under the HITS meter. This will give you an estimate of how many hits you have left with that ball. Putts are not counted as a hit to the ball unless the putt is a mulligan. If it is a mulligan then two hits will be deducted from the durability.

When you have 25% durability left on your ball, the HITS meter will turn red.

What happens if I run out of balls during a round?

When you reach the hit limit for the ball you are using it will be replaced automatically with a new ball of the same type and color. If you do not have any more of the ball type and color in your inventory then the Basic ball will be inserted. The Basic ball is the ball provided to you when you first start playing WGT. Once you play with the Basic ball you cannot change balls during your round.

What happens if I lose a ball Out of Bounds or in a Water Hazard?

If you hit a ball OB or into a Water Hazard that ball will be removed and will be replaced with a new ball of the same type and color if you have one. If not, it will be replaced with the Basic ball.

How do I know when my ball has been replaced?

A message will be displayed when the ball you were using has been taken out of play and replaced.

Can I purchase new balls during my round?

Yes, you can visit the Pro Shop during your round to replenish the ball you are using. If you lose your last ball of a specific type and color you can purchase new ones in the Pro Shop but will not be able to use them in your current round if you have already switched to the Basic ball.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 12:54 PM

Hi Doinw,

Typhoon and Apex have given the reasons why, but I will offer you some advice.

The balls you are buying are "premium" balls, and with your equipment, you will never get full value out of them, and are very expensive and really annoying if you lose one (highly probably looking at your stats).Personally I think this borders on lunacy - I used TourSD balls exclusively until I made TM and had enough attributes from those tees.

You would be much better advised to buy at least 2 good wedges, and possibly a cheap WGT ball to give you some spin.

This will aid your short game enormously and get you much closer to the pin when you miss the green, or allow you to shoot for the pin on your approaches with the wedges.

Your scrambling and sand save percentages will increase dramatically, also allowing for your putting stats to improve by getting the distance to the pin lowered.

If you do not have the money to spend, use the earn free credits to do surveys and videos - many players can earn a considerable amount of credits this way.

RSS