Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is in trouble...because of greed :(

Mon, Sep 22 2014 9:07 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oskarjoh
    793 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 2:50 PM

Ive been a player in WGT since 2009..........and i love this game since the start......

The game ....and the country club....getting to know players all around the world.. :)

I just love it ....like the most of you..............  :)

BUT NOW IS GETING *** :)

We only get one course a year.....and its unplayable......................

Why..........to spend our balls

Take a look at our history.......   ST Andrews and Kiawah......great courses ....no problem

just a little on Kiawah when you put new holes...and did not have the cameras.....

Bethpage is prob.. the best................. everyone loves it........

Then Congressional   ....brilliant ....... then  St Georges   same  ....

I am European .........What happend....? No more courses from Europe or from out USA.

Then it started....GREED...... Oakmont.... Great course ..numbers big time to wrong...

Olympic.....every number wrong.....up is down and down is up..................

Merion is the same.........................................

Then the new one Pinehurst......unplayable..........even for a 57 handicap player  :(

Then we take the ..............

Par 5.....great

Par 4 crap......no one will play it.............

Par 3  ok...............

So where do we stand....if you put up a country club tourney ...they just play

St.Andrews..Kiawah.... Bethpage...Congress ..mabey par 5 or par 3..

At last i know you are changing a lot on putting and wind.................

On at least 6 holes...........the ball is going against the wind on a dinger...  :(

And on a 7 holes it putting against a break on a dinger.....

CHANGING OF THE PUTTER AND THE WIND IS TURNING THIS GAME TO A CRAP

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 3:08 PM

oskarjoh:

Lightweights CC

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 3:17 PM

........R...........O........T........F............L........M........A..........O. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 3:17 PM

Oskar: Find some motivation, and don't search third party responsibility!

It's YOUR motivation necessary!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 8:40 AM

what;s wrong with olympic, merion or pinehurst? are they tough courses? of course - they are us open courses with us open pins...

as for the best of courses, they are designed to be fun courses...

-wgticon

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 3:06 PM

I tallied up the highest number for some of the most hated courses and I've tried to play them the most. 

I still have to try harder at the BO par 4 but I like the scores I've been getting at PH and Merion, Kai. Still under par at Oly and Con but I'd like to continue to tackle those, lots of room for improvement. . BPB and STA I don't play as much but I still find them a little mysterious.

CW and Cabo is on the horizon, then BO famous, etc.

Taking notes is key, in my book (pun intended)

I jot down what most attempt results are, using which equipment, spin and power. Then I also jot down what the forum suggests.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 3:54 PM

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 7:31 PM

MichaelStroke:

I just watched that on netflix 2 days ago... I remember seeing it as a kid and thinking how it's the best movie ever... Now, you realize just how bad the acting is.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 9:15 PM

oskarjoh:

Thing is, you have mentioned 2 of the easiest course to score on ...bet they also only play them in low winds?

CCC is tame in low winds as well, and the Par 5 course is fun for many because the birdies fall.

If your club doesn't like Oak, Merion, PH...etc..then it's not the courses, it because the players don't like the challenge

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 8:53 AM

WGTicon:

MichaelStroke:

I just watched that on netflix 2 days ago... I remember seeing it as a kid and thinking how it's the best movie ever... Now, you realize just how bad the acting is.

The cinematography was bad, even for 1988, but it's still a hell of a "guy movie" - up there with Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, and my personal favorite - Tango and Cash.

• PAGES
RSS