Forums

Help › Forums

Reciving WGT email

Sun, Oct 5 2014 9:18 AM (23 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:39 PM

No, not again.

Hello folks, once again I'm pretty sure that there's an issue with reciving email updates about wins, country club reminds or even other stuff as automatic from WGT, the only ones I'm sure work are the entered confirmation email for a free o payment event and of course the ones from the customer support. 

This one was an old thread where the question posed by Roger has not been considered, and this despite the fact that there is a problem from several years, rather I should say at least once a year so the issue isn't related to the email accounts involved (please, sign up this thread if you are one of kind) but on the WGT servers for dispatching "technical" notice.

mantis0014:

I was wondering if there was a problem after not receiving emails.

-Roger

As other members I have been forced to change my email address a couple of times. It's could be consider pretty lame situation considering that our personal activities are full of multiple events, something with no solve.

Isn't better try to have an internal email so the support can understand easily where the issue born, placed and idea a couple of months ago, where's the problem, is there any chance that I have to create another email account for some messages, even more important the email from the country club.

Another small issue is the fact that going to change your email address, for example with the previous one, the system encounters an error that the address entered is being used by another member. 

• This email address is already in use by another user

What the hell does it mean, the previous one was MINE and only MINE, why my previous email should be used by "another user". What kind of issue is that.

Waiting abutment.

David.

P.S. I marked "email me replies to this post", I will let you know if it works.

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 12:40 PM

Same exact thing is going on with me , hope WGT support can fix issues.....

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 1:13 PM

my issues are tourney win(credits) updates and country club updates(forum and new tourneys) to my email they used to work just fine...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 3:18 PM

hi guys

as you imagine nor me or our support staff has any way to fix this. I don't know why it's happening but i suspect it has to do with spam filters, our email system + various email providers.

I know we are always working on making sure it runs smoothly but takes time and not always easy to fix.

-wgticon

• Raelenerose
    2,966 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 5:21 PM

hmmmm seems odd we can land on the moon, many moons ago i might add, but wgt struggles to sort an email issue...read another post before this one reguarding another issue they cant fix....there are a lot of other gaming sites(geez just web sites in general even) around that seem to run smoothly..have ya's ever thought to ask around, maybe even just have a look see at what theyr'e using.

if it aint broke don't fix it...if its broke fix it or change it .

just saying.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:05 AM

Icon, the only thing I would like to know is if my previous email address isn't used by anyone else in there, and that just because is one of the bad thing that could be happen. 

What leaves me puzzled and disappointed again is the fact that, despite having a verified account, I must necessarily change my email address because no one from those parts knows where the problem comes. It's an issue where "some" members didn't recive email about tourney wins and country club update, sorry mate I can imagine.

You said that may depend on some email providers, can you tell us what could be a "guaranteed" provider by WGT and with which every year isn't one ought to speak of the same thing. Why do not set up an internal email, what could be more guaranteed and cool at the same way.

I add to my email an alias, hope it works.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 8:44 AM

Fraenkel:

Icon, the only thing I would like to know is if my previous email address isn't used by anyone else in there, and that just because is one of the bad thing that could be happen. 

What leaves me puzzled and disappointed again is the fact that, despite having a verified account, I must necessarily change my email address because no one from those parts knows where the problem comes. It's an issue where "some" members didn't recive email about tourney wins and country club update, sorry mate I can imagine.

You said that may depend on some email providers, can you tell us what could be a "guaranteed" provider by WGT and with which every year isn't one ought to speak of the same thing. Why do not set up an internal email, what could be more guaranteed and cool at the same way.

I add to my email an alias, hope it works.

I don't know why other email says it's in use, I really don;t

as for providers, it's not nessesarily provider per say but our provider + your provider + individual email aliases... I am no expert at these but in past, I seen users change from 1 gmail address to the other and it started to work normally... just an example.

-wgticon

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:57 PM

I go for give it a try, once again, and change it with my social one from Google and I really hope it could run to works fine as it did untill the last days, that was a shame.

I was attached to the previous one but everything can change in past.

Thank You Icon.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 3:08 PM

Fraenkel:

I go for give it a try, once again, and change it with my social one from Google and I really hope it could run to works fine as it did untill the last days, that was a shame.

I was attached to the previous one but everything can change in past.

Thank You Icon.

i would say make a new email at a brand new provider. no need to use your current emails. right now, I would like to know if any new email would help fixing it,

it's just an idea, not sure if it'll work or not.

-wgticon

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 11:46 PM

Nope, at the moment it didn't work.

Changed it but still no email from ReadyGo tours and Country Club. What pisses me off is that the one from Gmail and that the previous one are emails free from spam or all those other social garbage. Mails only from WGT.

What a joke, thank you Icon appreciate that.

RSS