Forums

Help › Forums

Has this happened to you before?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 16 2014 11:43 AM (3 replies)
  • RiggoFan44
    4 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 7:11 AM

I was just playing the ALS Tournament and was -2 going to the 17th hole.   Put the ball into rough bordering a bunker next to the green.   Lined up to hit the ball, hit it and it went 0 feet.  Tried again and again 0 feet.  Knowing I was hosed now i tried different directions around the compass including into the sandtrap, each time 0 feet.   Finally reached my swing limit, ruining a really good game I was having.   I wonder if that was a bug?   Very frustrating.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 9:37 AM

That is strange. Were you able to submit a bug report when this occurred? Providing these helps our QA Team with investigations on bugs and glitches. 

To submit a report: 

1. Right-click the screen while the game window is open. 

2. Select the option "Submit this problem to WGT" on the menu displayed.

3. Describe the issue you are experiencing in as much detail as possible.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully you will not experience something like this in the future.

-WGTyphoon

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:29 AM

RiggoFan44:
    Lined up to hit the ball, hit it and it went 0 feet.  Tried again and again 0 feet.
    On each subsequent hit, did you apply more power?  The rough at Merion can be very tenacious requiring a hefty whack to extract your ball.

• RiggoFan44
    4 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 11:43 AM

hey guys, thanks for your responses.   I did apply more power but in small increments, i probably should have applied 100% by my last swing :)   Its cool...if I have this happen again I'll be sure to apply alot more, plus take a screen shot of the situation.   I just need to stay out of the rough :)

RSS