Forums

Help › Forums

Free Passes or Not Free Passes... That is the question!

Tue, Mar 7 2023 9:47 AM (28 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 4:06 PM

YJ, I agree...that's why I time it so I use the free pass when I get my consecutive days bonus...that way, the club and I get about 1000 xp each day.  I see some advantage to the club leveling up as far as numbers of members and tourneys allowed, but that's about it.

It really just boils down to wgt collecting $.37 every time somebody springs for a pass, business as usual around these parts.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 4:08 PM

I agree with YankeeJim.

The CC Pass seems like a pretty lame feature.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 4:26 PM

Forgetting the confusing, ahem, shall we say teething problems of actually using the passes:

To be a top XP earning  club:

1. Got to be big;

2. Must be fairly active;

3. Buying some passes.

Well

1. doff cap to those putting that in, and admire the work in an arena I am not in or looking to be in owning one;

2. See 1 above - great stuff;

3. WHY has been coming to mind for a while as it all stands.

All of it excludes also great smaller clubs who no way in the world will compete on XP grabs, and unless the SME market is not wanted or WGT can force everything big (and good luck with that) means this is fast becoming an obviously ill thought out plan.  It's got why written all over it as it stands.

Like Mark I try and do the pass with CDP, but am increasingly thinking what a load of old nonsense.  Nice to have the free putter / shot pal to save the clutter of a post it note, and the officer benefit looks promising but that's it.  Not knocking those benefits btw at all. 

Now were WGT to sort out the pass mess, and then also add benefits to look forward to on just activity by members (edit so not weighted to having to be super sized) I would be all ears, but this is just looking more and more of a mess so far. Early days though and could still be good with adjustments.

Think that was a long winded way of agreeing with several in this post:)

• shoeshinethis
    1,090 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 4:38 PM

I'm wondering if a player quits there club, does there xp points disappear?

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 5:20 PM

shoeshinethis:

No the points stay in the club and if the player comes back they resume from where they left off

• shoeshinethis
    1,090 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 6:02 PM

spdemon:

shoeshinethis:

No the points stay in the club and if the player comes back they resume from where they left off

Well I didn't expect that, good to know thanks.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 6:51 PM

ApexPC:

I agree with YankeeJim.

The CC Pass seems like a pretty lame feature.

I don't think its lame but i do think it should only be used for country club events then the true clubs would shine not just those who have 200 members just playing everyday 

• hvkk
    159 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 10:53 AM

WGT Pass Policy - sucks

I've just bought the last of Free passes - it's all about filling WGT's money Till.......

hvkk

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 7:44 AM

Heh, yer 6 years late to the convo. ;-)

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 7:56 AM

YankeeJim:

Heh, yer 6 years late to the convo. ;-)

Seems to be a recent trend all over, eh YJ?  See what boredom and self-quarantining breeds. ;-/

RSS