Forums

Help › Forums

Free Passes or Not Free Passes... That is the question!

Tue, Mar 7 2023 9:47 AM (28 replies)
  • TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 10:45 PM

I was pleased to see Wgt WAS PROVIDING ALL mEMBERS WITH 2 fREE pASSES THIS WEEKEND. i LOGGED IN THIS MORNING AND SURE ENOUGH, i HAD A TOTAL OF 3 pASSES. I USED 1 FOR MY NEXT (sorry, caps key was stuck ) round. That was 15 - 17 hours ago. Guess what. I still have only 2 Passes! I did not receive the Pass that should have been added after  the normal 12 hour time has long since come and gone. So ..... my Conclusion is this - We were not given 2 Free Passes, rather, we were given 2 Passes in advance and the clock  will not star until a Member has 0 Passes left. 

My humble opinion, Not much of a Gift.

I am keeping my fingers crossed on the next FREE Rental WEEKEND. I hope NOT to find my Credits reduced for Clubs I've Rented Free..

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 9:24 AM

Hello. The way the Country Club passes work is that when you run out of passes and you hit zero, the timer will begin to count down and replenish a single Country Club pass. This does not happen when you have more than one. Players could have 5 or 10 Country Club passes in their account however players will only receive the daily free pass if they are at 0.

We apologize for any confusion this caused you.

-WGTyphoon

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 10:01 AM

WGTyphoon:
    This does not happen when you have more than one.

This should read, "when you have more than zero".

This is o.k. if there are only free passes involved. I accept that I won't get any new one until I have used up the free ones, including the gift of this weekend (thank you, BTW).

It's not o.k. for me that any pass which you buy interrupts the clock of the free passes. In detail, you will get the next free pass only 12 hours after using the pass you payed for, in contradiction to the FAQs:

How do I get Country Club passes?

If you are a member of a country club, you will automatically be awarded one pass. If you use that pass you will receive another one 12 hours later. You can also purchase passes in the Pro Shop.

Regardless of any payed pass, a free pass should be awarded 12 hours after the last free one was used!

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 10:10 AM

WGTyphoon:

Hello. The way the Country Club passes work is that when you run out of passes and you hit zero, the timer will begin to count down and replenish a single Country Club pass. This does not happen when you have more than one. Players could have 5 or 10 Country Club passes in their account however players will only receive the daily free pass if they are at 0.

-WGTyphoon

So, if someone is minutes away from getting a free pass, but accidentally hit "buy pass" button starting a round, then he will have to wait 12 hours to get a free pass.

Genius ... wgt ... genius.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 11:45 AM

WGTyphoon:

-WGTyphoon

Sorry, but you wrote above doesn't clear up anything.  I got an email telling me I received two free CC passes.  On the game client it says I have one.  Once I use it, it'll say my next free one will be there in 12 hours.

So it appears you didn't really give us anything, and what you wrote above is unclear and doesn't explain the situation.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 12:57 PM

mkg335:

Sorry, but you wrote above doesn't clear up anything.  I got an email telling me I received two free CC passes.  On the game client it says I have one.  Once I use it, it'll say my next free one will be there in 12 hours.

So it appears you didn't really give us anything, and what you wrote above is unclear and doesn't explain the situation.

+1 - I effectively had exactly the same scenario as when I logged on, my 12 hours since the last one used had passed - but I only had 2 passes (I earned and one other). So I got one additional pass.

Put quite simply these passes are quite shambolic.

If you buy say 5 passes and use only 4 - you will not receive a free pass until that last pass is used  - then to add insult to injury, you need to wait another 12 hours.

If you buy a pass for a game 1 hour before your free pass becomes available - you push the free pass back another 12 hours.

A great idea and I fully support the CC passes, but someone must have been smoking something illegal when they rationalised the process.

I really support the CC I am a member of, but I have decided I will not buy any more passes unless the CC Pass money is added to the Prize Pool when that is released - I will not add it to WGT coffers for something a three year old would have configured better.

Perhaps if all WGT employees put their thinking caps on, we may have a chance of getting something more than a half baked pie.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 1:20 PM

Do not punish the pass users who would like to buy them. It is charitable of WGT to give a maximum  of two free passes in a twenty-four hour period, but do not reset the clock. I know if this was the policy, I would buy a pass for all multi-player games to receive more bang for my credits.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 1:29 PM

alanti:

+1 - I effectively had exactly the same scenario as when I logged on, my 12 hours since the last one used had passed - but I only had 2 passes (I earned and one other). So I got one additional pass.

Put quite simply these passes are quite shambolic.

I got lucky on that one Allen.  I had played the previous day at 5 PM, so I had a free pass before they gave you the 2.

Because of the way WGT hands out the free passes, I usually only use one a day.  Once in a while I'll get in the two free passes, but it's rare.

alanti:

A great idea and I fully support the CC passes, but someone must have been smoking something illegal when they rationalised the process.

I really support the CC I am a member of, but I have decided I will not buy any more passes unless the CC Pass money is added to the Prize Pool when that is released - I will not add it to WGT coffers for something a three year old would have configured better.

I agree.  I hope they fix this though.  I would purchase more passes if I knew my free one was just a few hours away (instead of punishing myself for buying one).

Edit:  FWIW, I played 3 extremely fast games to use up those free passes.  It doesn't pay to hang on to them as you're actually punishing yourself for doing so.

• wayne91659
    87 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 2:26 PM

I want to second that statement. I bought a pass with 3 hours left until the free one would be available and the clock reset for 12 hours. What's the use in buying a pass to help out your CC when all that your doing is giving WGT 37 credits. 

I won't be buying anymore passes until this is addressed.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 14 2014 2:52 PM

I have a silly question about passes. Why buy them? Is there some special reward for accumulating XP points for your CC? Big deal what you get for each level. Do you get brownie points for being the biggest provider in your CC?

This is the lamest thing I've seen out of WGT yet. Go ahead, fire away. Tell me what I'm missing. Is it the emperor's new clothes?  LOL

RSS