Forums

Help › Forums

Need some answers

Sun, Oct 5 2014 1:07 PM (40 replies)
  • bobby58lucas
    163 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 12:46 AM

Is it just me or do most players experience similar going ons.

I have just played 18 holes on oakmont. I hit 6 under on the front 9 everything going fine, Then all of a sudden in the space of 5 holes my meter starts playing up, Now i am not only missing the ding but the meter is not responding to any clicks near the ding it just shoots off past i end up doing back 9 in 2 over par … Does anybody think like i do that WGT  lets you get to a certain level for your average and tier level and if you start exceeding your expectations it starts messing up the meters and also simple shots seem to roll miles past the hole and small chips dont get out of rough or roll on way past the hole. I never ever get problems with my meters unless i start putting in a good score.

Be nice to hear from some top players to see if they have experienced this too over time

Thanks

Bobby58lucas

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 6:29 AM

I'm sure others have had a similar experience. I take it as part of the challenge*. I find WGT has an indomitable quality.  I just hang in there, knowing that my day in the Sun will come.

* edit: 'challenge' - the fact that the game programming can and will :

" (depending on user skill level) change variables representing distribution curves, thresholds and sweet spots - related to the user interaction and precision... changing an input model or the associated representation, the [graphical] representation can be modified to provide an indication of such to the user. "

commonly translated as 'acting seemingly abnormal'.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 8:32 AM

bobby58lucas:
    I never ever get problems with my meters unless i start putting in a good score.

I have noticed more meter stutters and general degradation of game play (changing views is slower for example) on the back 9 of an 18 hole round.  Its like the game is working harder to sort things.

So I've taken a tip I read on the forum to save the game at the turn, close the browser completely then re-open it and resume the game.  It does help.

JFidanza:
    I'm sure others have had a similar experience. I take it as part of the challenge.

Have you given up on this particular challenge JF?  Looking at your score history, I couldn't help but notice you haven't logged a full 18 hole round going all the way back to June.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 8:52 AM

andyson:
    So I've taken a tip I read on the forum to save the game at the turn, close the browser completely then re-open it and resume the game.  It does help.

Do you do this routinely on an 18 hole round or just if the meter/loads  start acting up? 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 10:26 AM

Part of the routine now Jim.  The 18s I play are all comps so I try the best I can.  I would regret not re-setting the browser if it cost me a bogey.

• Woodspider
    19 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 10:40 AM

andyson:

bobby58lucas:
    I never ever get problems with my meters unless i start putting in a good score.

I have noticed more meter stutters and general degradation of game play (changing views is slower for example) on the back 9 of an 18 hole round.  Its like the game is working harder to sort things.

JFidanza:
    I'm sure others have had a similar experience. I take it as part of the challenge.

Have you given up on this particular challenge JF?  Looking at your score history, I couldn't help but notice you haven't logged a full 18 hole round going all the way back to June.

I got to agree with Bobby, I've experienced it as well. Got to mention that it especially happens when I refuse the CC Pass, as if you get shifted to a slower server if you not want to pay for the CC Pass. Never experienced it before the introduction of the CC Pass. If this is WGT's way to force you to pay for CC Passes then its just not worth while playing anymore. This was discussed in my CC forum as well and members with whom I play and all of them agree that they do experience it, specially in tournaments.

Then just now I wanted to play the Final of the bracket game (62796) the server send me a message that I got disconnected even thou my connection is working perfectly. I decided that I will restart my modem just for good messure and then select that "yes" in the block asking if I want to reconnect, but still no luck, next I get a message "ERROR#1075: You are no longer eligible to play in this tournament" That without even getting into the game yet and 14h29min remaining before the round closes. What *** is this. I really hope that one of the WGT officials would reply to this post

(Sorry for the "piggy back" on Bobby's post, just dont know how to open a new post or contact site officials)

Woody

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 1:50 AM

This is the new normal, guess you all didnt get the memo  :))

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 2:16 AM
    I split up an 18 hole round and do a clean up. Have done for about a year.
  • terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 3:29 AM

You know I thought it was just me. The number of times I am roaring away on the first 9, only for the whole integrity of the round to change on the second nine.

Also does anyone get a situation if they play the same tourney twice in a row? I have my distances pretty well laid out but even with similar winds I suddenly find that my wedges are coming up 10-15 yards short on the second round. It also seems to me that the gradients on putts are not consistent either. A putt with no borrow suddenly goes right, when in the previous round on the same hole, same place, it actually went left.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 10:47 AM

terwyl1:

You know I thought it was just me. The number of times I am roaring away on the first 9, only for the whole integrity of the round to change on the second nine.

Also does anyone get a situation if they play the same tourney twice in a row? I have my distances pretty well laid out but even with similar winds I suddenly find that my wedges are coming up 10-15 yards short on the second round. It also seems to me that the gradients on putts are not consistent either. A putt with no borrow suddenly goes right, when in the previous round on the same hole, same place, it actually went left.

From now on that's all the reminder you'll need to do the mid-round clean up. The better you play on the front 9, the more important it is to do the clean up. Been doing it in single player rounds for quite a while.

RSS