MainzMan:
    I'd like to add 3 names if I may

MainzMan:
    WilliamRicker

MainzMan:
    Ffudd.

MainzMan:
    Last but far from least, Fridgeman

I agree 100% Mainz. These 3 names were some of the very first players I came to know after I joined WGT. I think about Ffudd often. He was such an amazing player. I could only imagine how he would be with today's equipment.

As for Mr. Ricker... he was the one that took a chance on me and accepted me into Bridgestone. And for that I will always be grateful.

Fridgeman... wow, talk about a blast from the past. 

Now I am all emotional... enough said.

<sigh>

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 2:34 AM

Thought I would bump this thread, still a lot of names that just disappear.

The player who initially helped me become a better player has dropped off the radar, but I know he got peeved at the game and the myriad of bugs.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 2:51 AM
    5 of that original list were once in my CC. Perhaps I just scared them off.
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 4:15 AM

courteneyfish:
    5 of that original list were once in my CC. Perhaps I just scared them off.

I highly doubt you were responsible in any way Ms. Fish. You are one of the most respected and admired CC Owners out there.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 6:40 AM

I'm looking for my friend Deedles77. She's our club secretary and just stopped playing in december without a word to anyone which is not like her at all. Her name doesn't show up when searched either. If anyone has any news then please let me know.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 10:30 PM

DAZZA501:
    I'm looking for my friend Deedles77

Added to the list Dazza - I certainly have seen the name around but not for a while. It is always a concern when avid players suddenly stop playing. Either they asked for the account to be canned or they were removed for T&C breaches,

And Ms Fish....I am sure you were not the reason they have gone :)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 11:22 PM

I had a couple of members removed lately without a word. You'd think it would be in WGT's interest to give reasons, if only to deter others from misdeeds.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 11:33 AM

courteneyfish:

I had a couple of members removed lately without a word. You'd think it would be in WGT's interest to give reasons, if only to deter others from misdeeds.

I agree Ms C. A simple message to the CC owner or a locked thread showing disabled accounts and the reason.

It might act as a deterrent for some and actually give the company a lot more credibility and confidence for its users something is being done.

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 11:59 AM

alanti:

DAZZA501:
    I'm looking for my friend Deedles77

Added to the list Dazza - I certainly have seen the name around but not for a while. It is always a concern when avid players suddenly stop playing. Either they asked for the account to be canned or they were removed for T&C breaches,

And Ms Fish....I am sure you were not the reason they have gone :)

Not sure if this would work with large clubs, ours is smallish, 60 members. But we have *buddy system*, where each member that cares to, exchanges personal contact info with another member. If one goes missing for awhile, we always have a way to get in touch with them, or them with us.

• toona
    389 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 12:08 PM

Thanks for starting this thread  alanti. Always sad not to hear from long time cc members and friends. Here are 2 that have dropped off the radar. Both were extreamly active members of ECGA and just poof without a word. Ya just have to hope that it was nothing dire.

Silentkiller145 (USA)

endabunkers (Ireland)

RSS