Help › Forums

MIA - Where are they?

Sun, Mar 12 2023 8:08 PM (439 replies)
  • ernestious
    332 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 3:52 PM

EasyEdward:

ernestious:

Does anyone know what happened to "dansamcam" have not seen him on the leaderboards in a long time.

I have played with him quite a few times on a different golf game.  He is as excellent there as he was here.

EE

ok thx just wondering cause he was always on top of the leaderboards, he found a different game.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 9:13 PM

ScottyAKing:

Something that was really reiterated to me whilst reading the thread, was how many close friendships had been forged here, especially by the old guard.  I wish I had joined when I first found the website, instead of putting it on my, "I'll do that one day" list.

The mobile game, which I play predominantly (due to my own physical limitations, as well as not having a PC up to the job atm), just doesn't have the social feel that it does here.  Maybe I need to make the effort to engage on the forum more.

Apologies for the double post, I just didn't want this to detract from Lily.

I only occasionally read the forum now, and do check this thread. I have asked if another player could take over the thread to update it, but so far, nothing.

Yes, many virtual and real friendships have been forged by this great game, and all in all, it is the community and friends that keep many of us coming back (for punishment?).

WGT is a great golf game. Sure it has flaws, but the game itself coupled with the social interaction and banter in games sets it apart. Then add the forum community (which in fairness has fewer and fewer participants- it used to be real fun lmao) has added an extra dimension.

I only play on PC (laptop) as I like the graphics and photo realism, but if you fancy a game, I would be happy to do so.

As for Lily, you are correct, just speculation....so I am hoping she found Mr (or Mrs) Right and ran off into the sunset lol.

• craigswan
    30,938 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 4:57 AM

Sometimes having lot's of money doesn't do you much good I'm afraid .

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 6:32 PM

alanti:

I only occasionally read the forum now, and do check this thread. I have asked if another player could take over the thread to update it, but so far, nothing.

Yes, many virtual and real friendships have been forged by this great game, and all in all, it is the community and friends that keep many of us coming back (for punishment?).

WGT is a great golf game. Sure it has flaws, but the game itself coupled with the social interaction and banter in games sets it apart. Then add the forum community (which in fairness has fewer and fewer participants- it used to be real fun lmao) has added an extra dimension.

I only play on PC (laptop) as I like the graphics and photo realism, but if you fancy a game, I would be happy to do so.

As for Lily, you are correct, just speculation....so I am hoping she found Mr (or Mrs) Right and ran off into the sunset lol.

I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll just say, thanks Alanti.  If we are online at the same time, a game would be good.  Just don't beat up on me too bad!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 6:32 AM

I did offer to take this thread over but had some real life things come up . 

OPY

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 1:35 AM

MBaggese:

Wow Joe, I'm touched.  Thanks for thinking of me.

As YJ mentioned, I've been balls to the walls for the past year, had to prioritize things.

And thanks for the kind words Jen, never did make that Giants game...lol.

Now I gotta figure out a ball to replace the Nike 72's!

IvaThongon:

YankeeJim:

borntobesting:

Any one know what happened to Mike (MBaggese)? The last date on his activities was February 2nd. 

Mike's fine, I text with him regularly. He got hosed by life a while ago and is on a new course that will find him graduating this Spring with credentials in industrial electrical. He's pretty much putting his life in order and doing well. He'll be back.  :-)

That is great to hear. He's a nice guy.

No we didn't. Hopefully one day we can!

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:47 PM

That's a fine testimonial for VOTS CC.

But this is not the thread for advertising or marketing a CC, so perhaps it could be redirected/restricted to CC Corner.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 7:21 AM

Wutpa:

That's a fine testimonial for VOTS CC.

But this is not the thread for advertising or marketing a CC, so perhaps it could be redirected/restricted to CC Corner.

+1 Had you read the start of this thread then you knew better . Hijacking this thread is not the thing to do .  No one posting here cares about you finding needing or looking for a cc to join . So take your rambling posts else where as this is not the place for them .

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 8:47 AM

+2

Well said, Lonnie. It seems no threads are safe from the trolls.

ct

RSS