skip nav

Forums

MIA - Where are they?

Thu, Apr 30 2020 8:19 AM by goldeena. 413 replies.
  • ernestious Canada
    198 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 3:52 PM

EasyEdward:

ernestious:

Does anyone know what happened to "dansamcam" have not seen him on the leaderboards in a long time.

I have played with him quite a few times on a different golf game.  He is as excellent there as he was here.

EE

ok thx just wondering cause he was always on top of the leaderboards, he found a different game.

• alanti Australia
    10,516 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 9:13 PM

ScottyAKing:

Something that was really reiterated to me whilst reading the thread, was how many close friendships had been forged here, especially by the old guard.  I wish I had joined when I first found the website, instead of putting it on my, "I'll do that one day" list.

The mobile game, which I play predominantly (due to my own physical limitations, as well as not having a PC up to the job atm), just doesn't have the social feel that it does here.  Maybe I need to make the effort to engage on the forum more.

Apologies for the double post, I just didn't want this to detract from Lily.

I only occasionally read the forum now, and do check this thread. I have asked if another player could take over the thread to update it, but so far, nothing.

Yes, many virtual and real friendships have been forged by this great game, and all in all, it is the community and friends that keep many of us coming back (for punishment?).

WGT is a great golf game. Sure it has flaws, but the game itself coupled with the social interaction and banter in games sets it apart. Then add the forum community (which in fairness has fewer and fewer participants- it used to be real fun lmao) has added an extra dimension.

I only play on PC (laptop) as I like the graphics and photo realism, but if you fancy a game, I would be happy to do so.

As for Lily, you are correct, just speculation....so I am hoping she found Mr (or Mrs) Right and ran off into the sunset lol.

• craigswan United Kingdom
    16,585 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 4:57 AM

Sometimes having lot's of money doesn't do you much good I'm afraid .

• ScottyAKing Australia
    151 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 6:32 PM

alanti:

I only occasionally read the forum now, and do check this thread. I have asked if another player could take over the thread to update it, but so far, nothing.

Yes, many virtual and real friendships have been forged by this great game, and all in all, it is the community and friends that keep many of us coming back (for punishment?).

WGT is a great golf game. Sure it has flaws, but the game itself coupled with the social interaction and banter in games sets it apart. Then add the forum community (which in fairness has fewer and fewer participants- it used to be real fun lmao) has added an extra dimension.

I only play on PC (laptop) as I like the graphics and photo realism, but if you fancy a game, I would be happy to do so.

As for Lily, you are correct, just speculation....so I am hoping she found Mr (or Mrs) Right and ran off into the sunset lol.

I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll just say, thanks Alanti.  If we are online at the same time, a game would be good.  Just don't beat up on me too bad!

• opyeuclid United States
    6,272 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 6:32 AM

I did offer to take this thread over but had some real life things come up . 

OPY

• IvaThongon Canada
    930 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 1:35 AM

MBaggese:

Wow Joe, I'm touched.  Thanks for thinking of me.

As YJ mentioned, I've been balls to the walls for the past year, had to prioritize things.

And thanks for the kind words Jen, never did make that Giants game...lol.

Now I gotta figure out a ball to replace the Nike 72's!

IvaThongon:

YankeeJim:

borntobesting:

Any one know what happened to Mike (MBaggese)? The last date on his activities was February 2nd. 

Mike's fine, I text with him regularly. He got hosed by life a while ago and is on a new course that will find him graduating this Spring with credentials in industrial electrical. He's pretty much putting his life in order and doing well. He'll be back.  :-)

That is great to hear. He's a nice guy.

No we didn't. Hopefully one day we can!

• goldeena Thailand
    1,946 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2018 8:19 PM

Just found this thread, wow I made the first post MEGA!!!

Isn't it sad how some have passed away or just left in pure disillusionment - my greatest achievement in this game to date was getting Chris Ironbones on my friends list when he briefly made an appearence for this years none-event open YAY!!

I really looked up to Chris and felt for him and completely understood his frustration - he was a player who wore his heart on his sleeve (like me) and one of the best natural players this game has ever produced (unlike me, lols!!!), he was my hero (don't get jealous andy hahahah!!)......

It had it all didn't it, back then it had it all, it could have been all that :-S

I have since, joined a great CC - VOSCC was a very valuable experience and I learned a good few things from the old Wizard in the valley!!

After that I had a vision as to what I wanted from a CC - I don't like the countryside, it's full of Yokels, lols, for me 'country' was replaces with 'clash' and I have embarked on the creation of a 'Clash Club', maybe the first of its type, I dunno - but here we are:

Join The LBGTQX Crazy Gang and Straight Aunty Clash Club

We primarily want highly motivated and competitive individuals who love to play in a team, and are committed to the CC clashes - WE WANT THE CLASHES AND 'CC' STANDS FOR 'CLASH CLUB' HERE!! It's going to be a livewire of a CC and we want exciting players and exciting personalities who have a lot of energy, and a lot of commitment - people who thrive on competition, love to work hard and party even harder!!

Maybe the first dedicated Clash Club of its sort, so come and join us. 

TO THOSE BELOW: I AM NOT HIJACKING THE THREAD - WGT WOULD NOT POST MY ADVERTISEMENT TO JOIN OUR CC IN THE RELEVANT PLACE (as usual they fail to post most things sent from people on moderation ), DID I HIT A NERVE WITH 'WEASEL FREE ENVIRONMENT' I WONDER, LOLS. AND IF YOU GO TO THE FRONT PAGE YOU WILL FIND I AM IN THE FIRST POST AND THE THREAD IS ENTITLED 'MIA - where are they' - can you even read?? well here I am and this is what I am up to - so in-fact there is no hijacking at all - just a bunch of gnarly old men on their way out with nothing better to do than to dig up 3+ year old posts which were deleted by WGT staff a very long time ago, written in drink and that were instigated in the first place (you don't know the context in which those responses were written, other than to say I pretty much agree with everything I said apart from where I go attacking the American people as a whole!!). So get lost you're pathetic trolls who have long since lost the ear of the developers and utterly destroyed these main boards with your _ _ _ _ism.

SO ANYWAY, IF YOU LOVE FORRUMING AND WANT LESS OF THIS (as demonstrated directly below this post):

BUT MORE OF THIS:

oooo-yaaaa-eeeee-yaaaaa, i've had enough already!! i'm off to our weasel free forum instead :-)

Join The LBGTQX Crazy Gang and Straight Aunty Clash Club

+1 +5 +7 +9 ;-)

MY NEW 'BIG IDEA':

I have always been one to bring new and exciting ideas to the table - I mean sure you will get some great advice on here, know your clubs, know your distances with the ball you use e.t.c....e.t.c.....zzzzz you know what I mean, lololos xx

They never really tell you anything NEW, and that's usually where I come in ;-)

The new development is focused on getting much more consistent results for players who use cheaper, faster balls in terms of the swingmeter, and dinging the shot, but more importantly eradicatring those 'horror shots' where the bar has travelled past the limits by the time you have (one has, ooo we do like to say one on here don't we, lolos ooo has one been paying attention, chortle!!), clicked the mouse (one knows the ones doesn't one!).

The method is suited to multiplayer or any other fast-play where you don't have the time to be frigging around with predictors e.t.c. and as of to date I can personally endorse this new method of mine because it has NOTICEABLY improved my swingmeter performance to the extent that I feel confident going in to multiplayer with 60 credit WGT balls and still being able to compete with players using 500 credit balls upwards.

I call this method 'see-click' and as per usual I am not going to share it with the community here (booooo-hisssssss you've done it again deena!! you only ever show off with your stuff but never let us have a slice of the pie).

However..

If you join our new clash club - The LGBTQX Crazy Gang and Straight Aunty, I will be more than delighted to divulge my new 'secret keel' and I promise that if you are having trouble getting consistent performance on the swingmeter with cheaper, faster balls then this method will drastically improve that - even with the rock!! You will be able to go out and compete against those titliest balls with THE ROCK!!! I kid you not, as far as getting consistency on the fairway - what you hit will go where you want and you will hardly ever have another horror shot that traverses the limits of the swingmeter.

And thats what I have been up to in terms of MIA, I am always up to something ;-)

deenaaaaaaaaaXx

• Wutpa Canada
    4,165 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:47 PM

That's a fine testimonial for VOTS CC.

But this is not the thread for advertising or marketing a CC, so perhaps it could be redirected/restricted to CC Corner.

• lonniescott711 United States
    4,052 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 7:21 AM

Wutpa:

That's a fine testimonial for VOTS CC.

But this is not the thread for advertising or marketing a CC, so perhaps it could be redirected/restricted to CC Corner.

+1 Had you read the start of this thread then you knew better . Hijacking this thread is not the thing to do .  No one posting here cares about you finding needing or looking for a cc to join . So take your rambling posts else where as this is not the place for them .

• ct690911 Canada
    6,212 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 8:47 AM

+2

Well said, Lonnie. It seems no threads are safe from the trolls.

ct

RSS