Forums

Help › Forums

MIA - Where are they?

Sun, Mar 12 2023 8:08 PM (439 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2018 10:01 AM

ScottHope:

Haven't seen or heard much of PaulTon lately. In view of his post HERE, and how he looks in his profle picture, I hope he's okay.

I hope he is also, A great asset to the community.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2018 2:11 PM

I sent PaulTon a pm on Feb. 5th, still haven't heard back from him.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2018 9:00 PM
    ScottHope:

Haven't seen or heard much of PaulTon lately. In view of his post HERE, and how he looks in his profle picture, I hope he's okay.

Yeah, I too have been worried about Paul for a while - I last touched base in late September last year, as I PM'ed Paul into his well-being, fully aware of the post but I hears nothing back,

Prior to that, it would have been about a year ago, and I know at that stage he was suffering chronic pain with his back shoulders and neck.

It is important to remember the Marfans diagnosis occurred during the first Andyson Memorial, and ran it again in 2017....but this time he was pretty quiet, which is why I tried to touch base.

I recently played a CC vs CC match against his club, and I asked during the round if anyone there had heard from him....sadly the answer was not to his knowledge.

I will not update the list yet, as I am sure someone will know (plus being on moderation and updating things is painful).

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 11:19 AM

Okay Alan, thanks. I'll keep my ear to the ground and report anything I hear.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 12:30 PM

alanti:
    I will not update the list yet, as I am sure someone will know (plus being on moderation and updating things is painful).

Not often I quote myself lol....perhaps I can argue with myself.....

As I am in moderation, even the above post was "edited" by the pwers at be, as I also asked if anyone had heard from another player who has not been played for a few months. He did have health issues, so I was concerned.

To say the least, I am somewhat bemused......and in true WGT tradition,the poster is never told why the post was edited, deleted or why a ban/moderation occurred.

Therefore, this thread will not be updated, well not by me, as this last bit of censorship is the final straw.

If WGT can facilitate for someone to take over my initial post in this thread and update it, it would be appreciated. 

If not, the thread will die........not to dissimilar to the game itself.

I thought this was a good idea, so the WGT community could work together to find missing friends, so I thank everyone for their support.

Alan

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 12:34 PM

Paulton update.

I reached out to bery111 because he sent Paul his Andyson marker so he had his full name and mailing address. bery111 did a quick Google search and came up with some things that I'm not comfortable posting here (I don't want to divulge Paul's personal info), but if one of you guys are on Facebook I can send you a link to what bery and I think might be Paul's Facebook page and maybe you can try to reach out to Paul through FB.

Send me a pm and I'll send you the link.

MC

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 12:57 PM

MC, pm sent.

Alan, why in the world are you on moderation?  The gods must be crazy.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 4:17 PM

mrcaddie:
    (I don't want to divulge Paul's personal info

Is he OK at least?

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 4:32 PM

^ ^^ Quite concerned myself, Paul is such a big contributor to the community. If anyone has any info, please let me know.

Doc 

RSS