Forums

Help › Forums

MIA - Where are they?

Sun, Mar 12 2023 8:08 PM (439 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2017 11:33 AM

JFidanza:
    Liliy wanted a highlight reel of some of her replays, and I threw one together w/ Win movie maker. I hope she is ok wherever she is. I enjoy her talents as I watch this ol' video. https://youtu.be/x8S4c1vMlbo

Thanks for that clip.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 12:15 AM

lonniescott711:

IvaThongon:

What a great thread this is.

WOW , welcome back . Merry Christmas you and glad to see that you are still well . A lot has changed since you`ve been gone . Hope you are back to stay and play the game is still fun in spite of .

Just popped in to look around. I may play a few rounds when I get some free time. What has changed?

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 12:16 AM

YankeeJim:

IvaThongon:

So what did your mother fix for Christmas this year? LOL

Been a while, Jen, good to see you.  ;-)

Roti...LOL  Always Roti!

Happy New year to you Jim!

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 7:33 AM

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from my friend Corwyn?

Last seen, he qualified for the Virtual US Open in 2016, didn't turn in a score in the finals, and that was that.

A greatly admired player, specializing in masochistic challenges like uneven lies from the tips with starter gear.

- Zag

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 8:11 AM

IvaThongon:

lonniescott711:

IvaThongon:

WOW , welcome back . Merry Christmas you and glad to see that you are still well . A lot has changed since you`ve been gone . Hope you are back to stay and play the game is still fun in spite of .

Just popped in to look around. I may play a few rounds when I get some free time. What has changed?

Well as you can see from the thread so many great people are gone . Some by choice and sadly others due to lifes call have passed on . The forums just arent the same any more . Where this used to be the real club house , now its kind of cold and empty .

WGT sold out to Top Golf so the new ownership isnt any better than the old . We still get the same old cold shoulder though and uncaring treatment , That hasnt changed and probably never will . Oh and we still get the same slow raggedy maintenance that never really fixes anything . So a lot of stuff is still the same old thing and good things are very slow in coming .

I havent had a good Roti since I left Atlanta back in 13 . One day hopefully I`ll get to go back to both .

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 11:44 AM
    zagraniczniak:

Good point Zag...........a very good player and top bloke and I remember coming across him in a random match play game.

I have added him to the list - perhaps someone from the Wooden Tee knows more?

ps - welcome back Iva - I remember the handle.....kinda hard not too lol. The game has changed a lot...not always for the better, but the friends are what keeps me here.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sun, Jan 7 2018 11:03 PM

Thank you all. 

I seem to have lost my country club.

Anyone have any openings for someone who won't offer much other than the odd game?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 1:55 AM

zagraniczniak:

Last played end July 17 ( even then it was only a couple of rounds a month )

He slowed down and just played starter gear all the time ( maybe as a way to keep things interesting )

zagraniczniak:
    A greatly admired player, specializing in masochistic challenges like uneven lies from the tips with starter gear.

^ indeed ;)  Though I know they took a big chunk of his family time so...

He'll be back when the wgt urge grips once more :D

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 10:52 PM

alcaucin:

zagraniczniak:

Last played end July 17 ( even then it was only a couple of rounds a month )

He slowed down and just played starter gear all the time ( maybe as a way to keep things interesting )

zagraniczniak:

^ indeed ;)  Though I know they took a big chunk of his family time so...

He'll be back when the wgt urge grips once more :D

Yep, I hope Corwyn has found happiness elsewhere.  The guy created the first UEL Ryder Cup for the community and for that I for one am grateful.  Great guy,  still on my friends list, hope he returns some day.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2018 9:16 AM

Haven't seen or heard much of PaulTon lately. In view of his post HERE, and how he looks in his profle picture, I hope he's okay.

RSS