Forums

Help › Forums

MIA - Where are they?

Sun, Mar 12 2023 8:08 PM (439 replies)
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 8:52 AM

missing to me is one Mustangtattoo - never really knew - but will never forget the first person to ever send me a gift - 3 sleeves of callaway balls when i was a wgt infant (hold the jokes please) -  we played a few subsequent times, exchanged some messages via wgt mail (also something he taught me about with the gift and all that) - 

hehe - i just realized I just shared with you who my 'first' was here on wgt - dohh 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 9:03 AM

alanti:
    I know we cannot call out players in the forums

So I've heard....but who gets to say so ? And for what reason is it taboo ? What in the world is the big deal about it ?

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 9:17 AM

SweetiePie:

alanti:
    I know we cannot call out players in the forums

So I've heard....but who gets to say so ? And for what reason is it taboo ? What in the world is the big deal about it ?

The say so is WGT and the reason is to stop false accusations of players cheating . In the past , there have been witch hunts here in the forums and players were called out . So this and trolling in the forums are not allowed . It keeps the cry babies and sore losers in check . Nothing hurts more than to be falsely accused of a wrong which you didnt commit .

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 10:31 AM

Yep there are so many big guns, true TLs of the game who left, for whatever reason. 

The game truly is, not what it use to be. 

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 10:50 AM

alanti:

I know we cannot call out players in the forums but hope this list is acceptable.

Like everyone we have players on our friends lists who stop playing, either burnt out, disillusioned or have other reasons they stop playing. I have a few players like that on my list but we still touch base from time to time via email or PM's. But the following seem to have just dropped off the radar - does anyone know why?

Andrewmca - apparently killed in Afghanistan - RIP Andy

Bubbadork

Chris5214

Choppography sp?

Creamer444 - account not showing - had asked many times to can it - looks like they did close it - was opening a painting business - I assume creamer came back under a diff id. Indeed he did, now re gifting to another - Pathetic  

Geraldlarousse

Goldeena  - still pops in time to time - waiting for another site lol

Chinajohn

Looselugnutz - Scott - taking time out - hurry back bud, you are one of the great ones.

Puholino  Achieved happiness away from the game - there is life after WGT LOL.

I think we are all in this boat and you just wonder so add to the list (if this is allowable). I have asked some mutual friends but no-one seems to know.

Edit - I will add to the list as request come in (time permitting) and add notes

I'll vouch for one...chris 5214 was a good wgt friend of mine...he got heavily involved in iRacing and dropped wgt. He popped back in in August and played once...but, besides that...he moved on.

As far as "waiting for another site"...that site is in alpha testing...I'd suggest taking a look at it and some of the features it has. I'd expect more to leave when it gets to the next phase.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 12:17 PM

Ducati916:
    chris 5214 was a good wgt friend of mine

Yep he was a TOP guy. He had been teetering for a while and had left before - somewhat disillusion with the lack of incentives for higher level players, and the fact there was nothing tangible with WGT - I suppose that explains the iRacing.

I haven't been in PP for a while now, but concur - it could really shake up this game if done well.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 12:45 PM

Woodoworkery:
    The game truly is, not what it use to be. 

Sure it is, there's just different names at the top. 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 12:46 PM

I'd like to add 3 names if I may Alan.  Probably not very well known to anyone who isn't, or hasn't once been, a member of Bridgestone Golf.

WilliamRicker.  Founder of the club and a really generous and great guy.  He made a return a few weeks ago but sadly it appears to have been a brief one.  I still have this guy to thank for introducing me to a wonderful club and for doing so much to make it such a wonderful club.

Ffudd.  May be known to a few outside of Bridgestone, he was one of the big guns of WGT and by far the biggest cannon in our club.  A very witty, generous and helpful guy, he never hesitated to share any of his tips and tricks in order to help others play better and was a major sponsor within the club.

Last but far from least, Fridgeman.  One of only 3 or 4 people I've Skyped with while playing (really must do that more often) and one of very few who's private email address is known to me.  A huge figure within the club and in real life, hence the nickname Fridgeman which went back to his sporting days.

Sorry if it seems pretty maudlin to feel sad about losing touch with these people, people we've mostly never actually met in real life, but I think we encounter some great people here and it's a shame when they drop back out of our lives without a proper goodbye or the chance to catch up with them later on.  Having said that, Fridge did say goodbye and gift his credits before leaving but he's very much in the minority.  Apart from the attention seekers that is.

My thanks to Alan for starting this and my sincere condolences to the family and friends of Andrewmca.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 1:14 PM

alanti:
    I haven't been in PP for a while now, but concur - it could really shake up this game if done well.

I bet if it's "easier"...ala like folks say about how TWO was/is.

Me?..naw..been here 4 years, and still trying to figure everything out..maybe when and if the game becomes "easy" for me, but otherwise I'll stick to WGT.

Back on topic...

There's some names I can't recall, that I used to run across in the forums or playing, or off the leader boards..sadly at my age I forget more than I remember;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 7 2014 1:22 PM

I agree Mike, easy is not good. Hell, some days I think I still have not learnt which way to hold the club!

And ffs Mike - your memory is like a sieve - you can't remember a name the next morning let alone a few months ago!

RSS