Forums

Help › Forums

MIA - Where are they?

Sun, Mar 12 2023 8:08 PM (439 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 10:29 PM

My last communication with Ms Fish was about a year ago. She had handed the keys over to Edward at TPC and was playing less and less due to "life commitments". She did hint that she was probably going to call it a day.

I miss her sharp comments and wit.....and I wish her well in all her pursuits.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 7:26 AM

alanti:

ditto Al...

she didn't like me but I did her...

Young lady tho..( must be 24 / 25 now ) ..and probably getting on with life..?

All the best Miss C..if ever read.

Andy

Good 'bump' for this thread, as Pmm711 was wondering what happened to Lilly..in *and everything else

So pointed him here..tho non of us has an answer.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 9:17 AM

alcaucin:

alanti:

ditto Al...

she didn't like me but I did her...

Young lady tho..( must be 24 / 25 now ) ..and probably getting on with life..?

All the best Miss C..if ever read.

Andy

Good 'bump' for this thread, as Pmm711 was wondering what happened to Lilly..in *and everything else

So pointed him here..tho non of us has an answer.

WGT needs a Tour MIA tier...or a Hall of Fame...or both.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 9:42 AM

I agree but I doubt they will use the resources or lack of. Two of the best come to mind immediately, Strange Magic and Lizzie (Ms. Poetic). Not to mention our latest and one of the greatest Andyson.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 10:14 PM

I too would like to see a Hall of Fame thread, edited by either a Mod or one of the community. The reason only Mods or the nominated player holds ownership is that it will stop it veering off track....as most threads do.

There could be several categories such as achievements (like VUSO winners and special achievements) to players who have contributed to the community (yes this would be subjective). The hardest section would be players who are MIA.

Sadly players like LizzieRossetti, Bubbadork and the like probably have passed, but often it remains an assumption, so obviously is a hard to have a section for deceased members without some sort of proof. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 11:07 PM

alanti:

I too would like to see a Hall of Fame thread, edited by either a Mod or one of the community. The reason only Mods or the nominated player holds ownership is that it will stop it veering off track....as most threads do.

There could be several categories such as achievements (like VUSO winners and special achievements) to players who have contributed to the community (yes this would be subjective). The hardest section would be players who are MIA.

Sadly players like LizzieRossetti, Bubbadork and the like probably have passed, but often it remains an assumption, so obviously is a hard to have a section for deceased members without some sort of proof. 

A hall of fame for missing members does not necessarily mean deceased members. Members like Avatar Lee and others who announced their retirement from WGT should be included in any thing honoring missing members.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 11:25 PM

borntobesting:
    A hall of fame for missing members does not necessarily mean deceased members.

I agree - that is why started this thread. Most players just leave or stop playing for a multitude of reasons.

I was thinking something along the lines of the thread GoodyChamp started 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/99155.aspx

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 1:16 AM

I remember that thread because I was in it . Third longest double eagle at the time.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 1:51 AM

borntobesting:

alanti:

A hall of fame for missing members does not necessarily mean deceased members. Members like Avatar Lee and others who announced their retirement from WGT should be included in any thing honoring missing members.

I fully agree with the idea. I'm wondering though, how long away from the game before eligible to be inducted? Or does it even matter?  IRL, many sportsmen are inducted into "halls of fame".  They are alive and well and hold high profiles. 

As an aside, who monitors the "community spotlight"?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2017 2:10 AM

alanti:

I was thinking something along the lines of the thread GoodyChamp started 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/99155.aspx

alanti:
    borntobesting:
    A hall of fame for missing members does not necessarily mean deceased members.

I'm not thinking of "thread".  I'm thinking of a HOF "player tier"...or something along those lines.  Some people are trying to memorialize Andyson by having WGT bestow "Tour Champion" as his player tier.  I don't believe that's why Tour Champion was established.

Currently when a player goes MIA we have no clue as to what happened to them unless they post a going away message in the main forum or tell one of their CC members what their plans are going forward.  By creating an HOF or "Memorial" tier we'd have a single place to go to see who is on that list of players.  I think WGT could easily accommodate something like this...if they wanted to do so.

An alternative would be to allow a player to "live on" by having a family member take over their account; i.e.; son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, etc. But, we all know this is against WGT policy...it shouldn't be as long as the account isn't being used to win RGs or other credit payout tourneys.  As long as the account isn't being used for cheating then what's the harm?  At least we'd be able to yuk it up with a family member...thus keeping a player from becoming MIA.  It would/could help in some people's grieving process.

Just my thoughts...nothing else.

RSS