Forums

Help › Forums

Cally Diver vs Nike (L100) Driver

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 2 2014 5:43 PM (7 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:00 AM

Was wondering if maybe someone rented both on a free rental weekend and compared them.

I know they are rated the same , but was wondering about their performance.

Am I waiting for something that I can already get with the Cally?

Thanks

Gary (woodo)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:44 AM

Woodoworkery:

Was wondering if maybe someone rented both on a free rental weekend and compared them.

I know they are rated the same , but was wondering about their performance.

Am I waiting for something that I can already get with the Cally?

Thanks

Gary (woodo)

I own the BB L-96 and rented the L-98 but don't qualify for the L-100. The Bertha is all one could wish for. The L-98 was equally splendid, but I prefer the High flight over the Med-High. However, because both the L-98 and L-100 are at Med-High flight I wonder if the current trend of mostly Heavy & Moderate wind in most games are a preview for the future. The no-wind conditions have not been seen for a month, and the Med-High flight path performs better in the higher wind. In hand with this wind trend is my suspicion that the so called auto-dinger becomes somewhat disabled. Who knows ? There is a reason. ~ SP ~ 

• bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 12:31 PM

I have both the R1 and the BB and rented the Nike both days of last free rental.

The R1 has the most roll, the BB has more carry and less roll, the Nike has the most carry and the least roll.  Basically it's whichever fits your game best.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 1:48 PM

You could mention the 0.1 improvement the Covert has over the others, just as a WGAF point.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:30 PM

Basically, if any of the three makes a difference in your game from the other two then you are doing something wrong.  As stated, the Cally and Covert will carry slightly further than the R1 (usually less than 5 yards) and the R1 rollout is longer.  From my experience, I would say that the R1 is the longest per average drive with all courses being factored in by a yard or two.  I tend to change with the course, wind conditions, tee box differences, etc when I think that one or the other will offer me a slight improvement over the other.

• bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:50 PM

Very true, I could live with just having any one of them and the reason I didn't fork over the credits for the Nike.

Spammage:

Basically, if any of the three makes a difference in your game from the other two then you are doing something wrong.  (snip)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 3:18 PM

Said it before...

The Nike is every bit as long as the R1 if you don't use full b/s(like a short iron when it lands w/ full b/s), I have both and compared them ...I used the R1 at STA and RSG for lower loft for awhile, now I just stick with the Nike and 1/2-2/3 b/s even with a tailwind...overall my average distance is always higher when I look at the stats after a round with nike vs R1...

Nike is much more versatile, the high ball flight really comes in handy cutting corners at most courses because you don't run through the fairway with full b/s, and seems easier to control than BB(rented it twice)...you have to figure it out to get max performance..

They all ALL great drivers and ALL long, one could not go wrong with any of them...I give the edge to the Nike because it is more versatile for me...use all 3 at Olympic and CCC to see what I am talking about...

• TCorliss
    82 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 5:43 PM

I still want the black R1 wish they would bring it back and give me a shot to get one like everyone else did at level 93 2 summers ago. I have prolley another year and a half b4 I can upgrade which IMO is Ridiculous!

RSS