Forums

Help › Forums

swing meter shutter OR herky jerky meter *(remedy)*

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:47 PM (3 replies)
  • 19Otis55
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 5:58 PM

i think i finally figured it out.........

had an issue with swing meter being skippy and jerky

most of us play from the main menu. if you have a wgt window open that

is running banner ads or ads that change or refresh while you are playing

your meter is going to be erratic....i always open up at my profile page and

a new window opens when i click play now...if there is a banner ad or an active

ad running i change the page to either contact us or jobs, one that has less

active advertising....some ads have an  (x) box at upper right corner to disable

the ad...since i found this i have had no problem with erratic meter, no matter

what time day or night, high or low traffic times...easiest way to tell if ads are

active is that you'll notice web addresses activating in the lower left of your screen

hope this helps

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:45 PM

19Otis55:

i think i finally figured it out.........

had an issue with swing meter being skippy and jerky

most of us play from the main menu. if you have a wgt window open that

is running banner ads or ads that change or refresh while you are playing

your meter is going to be erratic....i always open up at my profile page and

a new window opens when i click play now...if there is a banner ad or an active

ad running i change the page to either contact us or jobs, one that has less

active advertising....some ads have an  (x) box at upper right corner to disable

the ad...since i found this i have had no problem with erratic meter, no matter

what time day or night, high or low traffic times...easiest way to tell if ads are

active is that you'll notice web addresses activating in the lower left of your screen

hope this helps

I always have both open (but have ad block ) didn't have a meter issue till this last update not its the pits

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:18 PM

For your meter's sake its best to have only one browser window open and that's the game client.  Especially close any additional WGT windows.  Regardless of ads, WGT still has flash running in forum windows.  That box in the upper left of a WGT window is a flash file and it's receiving friend updates while you play in the game client.

• EGlass3
    370 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:47 PM

good info thx

RSS