Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Has Lost One Of The Good Ones

Sun, Sep 7 2014 2:15 PM (30 replies)
  • donny2012
    386 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 2:59 PM

Dear WGT players and Friends;

Last night Aug29th 2014, WGT has lost one of its true Legends.

Papadimples ( Jim Vollintine ) passed away in Waco Texas

Papadimples has been a member on WGT since 2010. He has touched everyone who has had the opportunity to play with him. Papa was a kind and quite calming player with a great sense of humor. His friends on his friends list with whom he played alt shot with, will always remember his coined phrase, " yep I have a club for that one ". A true Legend who lived up to his Legend status.

Papa will be sadly missed by all of WGT and all the players on his friends list. especially the ones he played most often

Siconolf, Lburasinski, Dmatt236, Gizmo238, Donhintz, Whyskydav and a few more to numerous to mention but you know who you are and how much each and everyone he played meant to him.

Players cross our paths on this game all the time that come and go . Players we might only get the opportunity to play once. If you did have the chance to play Papa, you would surely have remembered him.. 

WGT Players' whether you knew the man or not, Raise your clubs high and say " Good Bye " to a real Legend.

We know he is up there in the clouds saying," hmmm Yep I have a club for this one".

we will miss you Papadimples

Ours hearts go out to your family as well.

So long for now

your Friend 

donny2012

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 4:10 PM

Sorry for your loss.  I don't recall every running into this gentleman, but from what it sounds like he was well respected.

- WGTdbloshoe

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 4:20 PM

Any loss is a sad loss, especially when it concerns those of us who are in the same pool, so to, speak. I had the pleasure of knowing 2 true legends in the game who have passed on. Killeshin and Oskarwalker. I have met Killeshin in real life through this game, and his passing had a big impact on me. And Oskarwalker thought me a lot in the early days here.

Both losses brought tears to the eyes of us who knew them, and i truly mean it when i say i know what you are feeling now. God rest your sole Papa, and our thoughts go out to your family, and your friends here on WGT. RIP fellow gamer, and golfer.

PS: Im raising a glass now in your memory. Tip of the hat to you sir.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 4:48 PM

sad to hear of a loss of one of our WGT family ....

• dmatt236
    55 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 8:20 PM

Thank you Donny we will always remember the good times and bad shots that Pappa said those words. Bless you Pappa. We got a club for that.! 

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 9:15 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss.  That is what is great about this site, it brings people together for good times, laughter, and memories of old friends.

- xxxhogheadxxx

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 11:46 PM

Thoughts to his family and friends at this tough time.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 2:12 AM

• harpo25
    18 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 1:54 PM

Jim you have touched many hearts here at wgt, and you will be missed dearly.

May our lord find you pleasing to his eye

may he extend his full mercy to you

may you find peace and happiness with him

may you be able to look down upon your friend and smile, and know you were loved

farewell our dear friend until we meet again

harpo25

• dmatt236
    55 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 2:15 PM

+1

RSS