Forums

Help › Forums

What is wrong with my computer?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 23 2014 3:36 AM (4 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 3:56 PM

My meter has been jumping (maybe more stuttering) for the last 5 or so days and today I-got-the-spacebar-issue-on-multi-player-games.

This is not me complaining about wgt, I accept the problem is more likely in my computer was just wondering if there were any suggestions as to what was causing this/these issues. I know very little about computers.

I have had both the jumpy meter and the space-bar thing before, I saw somewhere (probably here) to check in my plug ins that I didn't have two shockwave flash programmes running.  I did and now play wgt with this Version:14,0,0,179

for most other things I do I need to use the other one 14.0.0.177

I have tried playing with the .177 and the meter is always bad.

Since the jumping started I have cleaned my cache etc (with CCleaner), which I do every couple of weeks, I also check the temperature with core temp and that is fine.

I play on windows/google and my computer is a compaq laptop (3-4 years old) with Mobile intel core 2 Duo T4500 (penrym-3m). I'm just copying all this stuff and have no idea about graphic card but could find out if it's important.

A couple of odd things;  the game gets worse through the day (the longer the computer has been on)  and especially if I play multi-player games.  I also reckon it's odd the space bar just stopped working as I've not changed anything since yesterday.

Reading this I realised the flash I play with is newer than the other one, checked and it was installed 7 days ago (wasn't me, honest).  Does this mean I'm stuck with how things are?  Just tried the .177 again as it seemed like the right one from looking at the adobe site, it's unplayable.

The other coincidence was I was made TL 6 days ago, I was starting to wonder if as there is no room to push the tees back stuttering meter and champ' greens were what you got.  Someone would probably have mentioned it, just in passing, I suppose.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 4:06 PM

Try doing a " Disk Cleanup "   . when my game starts acting up that helps 

OPY

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 4:46 PM

Right click on screen in game client mode,  make sure you are allowing at least 10mb  of storage for adobe flash.  There is another box that does not need to be checked in one of those folders, something to do with allowing more power or something.  Un check that box and you should be ready to go.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 5:18 PM

You didn't mention what Browser you are using...   Most of the time It's a Flash based problem,  You need to Uncheck the Auto download for Flash.  Then you get prompted for every new release of flash that comes up

Now saying that....   Since the last Wgt Update I have noticed there has been heaps of meter Stutters at my end ...    ooo, I tell ya missing an easy 4ft putt when the meter skips past after I click Ding...  there is something wrong...lol

It's like watching one of my kids shows...   hoppity hop hop hop...lol

Maybe try another Browser to see if that works, Do we really have to change anything at our end, getting sick of it.....lol

-Roger

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Aug 23 2014 3:36 AM

cbbcrazy:
    Right click on screen in game client mode,  make sure you are allowing at least 10mb  of storage for adobe flash.  There is another box that does not need to be checked in one of those folders, something to do with allowing more power or something.  Un check that box and you should be ready to go.

Thanks, this seems to have sorted the meter (for now anyway) it was set to 10kb (oops, small difference on the keyboard). I didn't find the power thing but as it seems fine..... It's the more likely looking flash that it works on now.

Thanks for all other suggestions too. 

RSS