Forums

Help › Forums

Bug on 18 hole stroke play practice round.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 21 2014 6:06 PM (3 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 8:46 AM

I was playing for CC credits ... 18 hole stroke play on Best of Par 3, practice round.  I get to the tenth hole and the first swing, and I get this ...

If I'm not mistaken, one takes a mulligan AFTER they take the swing.  It's kinda like a free "provisional".

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 12:40 PM

DaddysKat:

I was playing for CC credits ... 18 hole stroke play on Best of Par 3, practice round.  I get to the tenth hole and the first swing, and I get this ...

If I'm not mistaken, one takes a mulligan AFTER they take the swing.  It's kinda like a free "provisional".

I am guessing it's easier to always have it rather than add more logic to wait. I agree, it's not ideal but imo not a deal breaker. I want us to fix other things first before checking on this :)

-wgticon

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 12:59 PM

WGTicon:

I am guessing it's easier to always have it rather than add more logic to wait. I agree, it's not ideal but imo not a deal breaker. I want us to fix other things first before checking on this :)

-wgticon

Hey Icon ... no offense meant but I do know a bit about programming.  How hard is the code statement  ...

NoMulligan = True

or ...

FirstSwing = True

at the end of the 9th hole.  This is the only hole where it shows up on the first swing ... hole #10 when playing an 18 hole game.

Since there are "Play 9" and "Play 18", it seems like there's a boolean test field being used to trigger the "NoMulligan" and "FirstSwing".  The programmers just oopsed this one.

It is a bug ... and a really easy bug to fix.  You're trapping this on every other 1st swing except #10 of an 18 hole game.

BTW, if you click this on the first swing, the game locks up!  I guess it's looking for a non-existent swing.

Please do what you do to let the "engineers" know!  

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 6:06 PM

WGTicon:
    it's not ideal but imo not a deal breaker.

But...you didn't know this at that time....

DaddysKat:
    BTW, if you click this on the first swing, the game locks up!  I guess it's looking for a non-existent swing.

Locking up the game should bump its priority up a couple notches Icon.

Nice work Kat!

RSS