Forums

Help › Forums

What would you advise yourself if starting afresh?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 26 2014 6:37 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 7:32 PM

This can be technical/stroke related, equipment, strategy, or just using the site/game better, anything.

I've not been around long, I would advise myself to get playing online sooner, i played on my iphone app without even knowing this site existed. Now I have played a few matches online, it is great fun and much more enjoyable than solo practice and scored rounds. 

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 8:22 PM

safdar1, I will be setting up a game very soon for players in our country club and would be happy to include you; do you have Skype? I will send a personal message tomorrow

Dav

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 8:36 PM

A. Be patient. Don't be in too big of a hurry to level up, gear up and tier up. Take the time to really learn the game. Many of the best quality people are willing to help you with your game here in the forums and some of them will even help you while playing. Asking politely is the key.

B. Find a few friends you can trust and avoid playing against anyone you don't know. You can usually find honest people and advice here in the forums. Reading here will help you decide who you can initially trust.

C. Find a good country club to join and play your tournaments there. The WGT -sponsored tournaments for lower tiers are notoriously full of cheats and multiple account holders who mastered the game and now started another account to win those tournaments and cheat honest players.

D. Most importantly, HAVE FUN! Don't allow the things you find irritating with the site, the players or the company make you lose sight of the fact this is a game and intended to be entertaining.

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 9:06 PM

I would advise myself...Don't Play!!  Just Kidding   It can be an addicting game but have met some new friends here. I prolly wouldn't advise myself against anything except maybe   don't play Jakestanfil in MPC so early on LOL!

Rock

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 2:31 AM

Great Thread.

Maybe if I had my time again, I would ask Wgt not to make it so easy for the New players to get better at the game.

Just saying, when I first started 4 years ago, we had same courses we play on now ( not as many) but the Clubs and Balls we can purchase now from an early Level can see people fly through the Tiers until they get to the stage, where they find themselves struggling at a low Level and get discouraged.

Great replies from everybody...  Just have Fun! 

One of the best things about this game is the Friends you can make all around the World

-Roger

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 3:18 AM

putt. putt.......putt. do not EVER take gimmes. PUTT.

IT IS ABOUT PUTTS.

Now, trust me......I don't have the best stats but I don't quit games. I make putts that matter and I miss 'em that that don't.

Good luck on that, cat......I'ts easy to make a couple aces when you first start playin' too much, too............4 AM got me 3 holes in one.......

..............Don't take my word...........

Take a shot w/ me and buy it........

~txz~

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 5:48 AM

Golf tips website may offer some insights.

Gary

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 9:49 AM

As a realist, I often wonder when people ask me "If you had it to do over again..." which is impossible. I would not change a single step of my pleasurable walk with WGT for my 5+ years. It has been a walk as a witness to all of the amazing growth and improvement that has taken place. But...even to pretend for a moment that I could start anew, I must answer by saying " I don't know what I would do". ~ SP ~

• abndave
    268 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 10:22 AM

Win the Lottery so you can afford the club's & golf ball's .

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 10:39 AM

SweetiePie welcomed me when I first came here.   Now look at me a Tour Master, Tour hack most days and working on a huge golf tips website.  It is folks like her that make WGT great.

Gary 

• PAGES
RSS