Forums

Help › Forums

I'm still seeing this advert !

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 21 2014 12:21 PM (6 replies)
  • stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 3:26 PM

OK,  I'm not going to post any link this time, but as the previous thread about this was blocked, yet the problem ad (basically for cheat software) is still appearing, I thought it would be community spirited of me to inform WGT the problem is still there.

I'm not sure all are seeing this advert,  from the previous thread,  it seems as though it's UK based players at the moment.

I guess it is too much to ask that all ads be blocked on WGT until the site can basically stop advertizing cheat software.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 3:47 PM

This time,  I have reported  this in accoradance with WGT posting guidelines which are :

POSTING CHEATS, HACKS, OR ANY OTHER MALWARE 
    Do not post anything that is, or could be, construed to be: 
    • direct links to malware 
    • information related to malware 
    o If you would like to report activity of this nature, please do so by sending out support 
    team and email: http://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx. DO NOT post this on the 
    forums. 
    Funny that WGT itself is providing the direct link to the Malware in question.
  • stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 3:51 PM

Though I'm a tad confused with the guidelines,   when it says "DO NOT post this on the forums"  are they referring to the cheat,hack, or other malware,      or are they referring to their guidelines,

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:45 PM

Ok now, I'm eating humble pie here.     WGT has responded to me via e-mail within 2 hours of my original post.     It does look as though they are taking this issue seriously.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank WGT for it's quick response and wish them well in getting this problem sorted.

If it's OK with everybody, i'll crawl back into my shell, now..

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:55 PM

The thread was locked, not deleted.

Can't see you broke any rule, and anything you needed highlighted vicariously of your main intent needed it anyway IMO.  May as well let the great unwashed masses like me know what I face:)

No humble pie needed for you at all may I say !!!!!!!!

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 8:59 PM

As an old timer who has kept up with those who would do evil on the internet, let me remind that there are large groups in the former Baltic states and parts of Asia who hack computers and games where there is any value to be had.  They will program and use anything to get credits wherever those can be converted to real world items of wealth.  I've done research and seen things more ominous than autodingers (don't ask; I will not tell.).  I just hope wgt will consider bringing in a white hat hacker to help them.

To anybody who would get an autodinger let me point out that such a program requires system level access to your mouse and keyboard.  Think keyloggers, stolen passwords, banking information compromised.  I hope you get the picture.  If you did not write the program yourself, then you may come to regret using it.

I'm not a dinger myself.  I play a different style.

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 12:21 PM

i noticed this was copied and pasted from the website

Will using Shot Master save me money?

Answer: Shot Master will save you money by being able to use less expensive balls, not loosing balls in water hazards or hitting the ball out of bounds and by shooting lower scores (e.g. ball last longer, so you buy balls less frequently).

now i dont know about anybody else but i would not trust a company to produce good software if it doesnt even know how to spell losing
RSS