Forums

Help › Forums

practice nike level 97

Mon, Oct 6 2014 8:24 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • micheldess
    819 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 3:22 PM

I just bought the level 97 nike irons and i have big  problem to find the right  distance... my shots   always finish   too short or  too long.

What is the course and holes to practice better this irons ?

Or there is a post to find  the power  with full backspin, half backspin and no backspin somewhere ? 

I play bad ready go with the nike irons, i return  with   the R11, i score way better with them.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 3:39 PM

micheldess:

I just bought the level 97 nike irons and i have big  problem to find the right  distance... my shots   always finish   too short or  too long.

Or there is a post to find  the power  with full backspin, half backspin and no backspin somewhere ? 

I play bad ready go with the nike irons, i return  with   the R11, i score way better with them.

Don't think there is any specific course for you to test them on.  I would say best thing to do is do a practice round and use the mulligan feature to test how the club reacts using different spins.  This way you can see how much the spin effects distances.

- WGTdbloshoe

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 4:04 PM

micheldess:
    I just bought the level 97 nike irons and i have big  problem to find the right  distance

Did you clear the Flash Player cache and temp files? A must when you change equipment.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:09 PM

In addition to above:

L97s are fussy +

If you change balls (early on anyway without knowing them inside out, and that's saying that to a v good player such as yourself) forget it.

The spin really does mean pixels make big differences, and the higher spec (spin  especially) the balls the even greater the issues.  FBS shots are there, but really got to understand the club and how they react especially in head wind (like having a parachute with FBS sometimes).

Send a friend invite if you want to discuss anymore.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 7:58 PM

Jimbog1964:

In addition to above:

L97s are fussy +

If you change balls (early on anyway without knowing them inside out, and that's saying that to a v good player such as yourself) forget it.

The spin really does mean pixels make big differences, and the higher spec (spin  especially) the balls the even greater the issues.  FBS shots are there, but really got to understand the club and how they react especially in head wind (like having a parachute with FBS sometimes).

Send a friend invite if you want to discuss anymore.

I clear my flash player when i see your post, thank you ziomio

I would like Jim, i send you a friend demand immediatly

Exempt of my poor  shots with the nike level 97 coming up

I score with them  a  bad 34 on st georges and on olympic ready go

After that i play with the R11 and score 26 on cabo ready go (with high wind) and 1st place by 2 shots clear

What a difference

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 9:42 PM

You have been playing here for over a year and are doing very well. Congratulations!

From your question, I suspect that you have not "indexed' or "mapped" your new clubs. As big a pain in the backside a this action can be, it is vital to your continued success. In each if the 2 times that I have done it (for L 69 and L90 irons), it has cost me about 2 sleeves of balls. Because of this and the time required to actually produce good data, the player who is willing to share his/her data on club performance (for FTS, FBS & No Spin)  (and for free - no less) is an extremely rare find - even within the Country Clubs. So you are probably going to have to do this yourself.

Again, you are doing quite well, and I am not trying to insult or "talk down" to you but here are a few considerations:

1. You cannot expect every ball to behave the same - so pick one and stay with it or your  "mapping" effort will be a waste of both time and money.

2. Every Golf Course plays differently!  Even with the same ball & club, the power required for a 150 yd shot at SA #2 will be different fro a 150 yd shot at KIA #7 (because SA #2 plays much shorter). So it is a good idea to keep notes about how each hole plays on each course.

3. Each individual Golf Course plays pretty much the same - every time you play it.

4. Many of our top players have recommended BPB Back 9 as the best course to "map" your clubs.

5. Only "ding" shots for "mapping".

6. You must hit the ball both toward the green and away from the green to get an average figure for a "no wind" shot..

Continued good Luck   : - )

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 11:12 AM

Thank you wheels

I continue  to pratice and still learning the game, i always  try my best.

I'm not gifted like the greats players on wgt but sometime i  play good and have good result when the little bit of luck show off lol

Good game all enjoy

• PBaldwin
    108 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 12:44 PM

I don't know if it's possible to map irons perfectly.  The R11's for example, I've blown through at least 1 dozen balls trying to map them perfectly, as well as a friend doing the same.  Well they just vary distances so much from round to round on the same hole that it's almost impossible to always have it perfect.  The 9 iron for example will consistently go 129-131 in 1 round, then I can start another round up in the same exact wind and it goes 132-134 consistently.  Not dinging doesn't really hurt or add yardage most of the time as well.  It's the same with pretty much every club in the bag.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 1:23 PM

micheldess:

Why haven't bought them, prepared to go round and round and round with an extra dot on max for $8 / 9 , on EVERY course....then I will map...

Maybe I should go the EASY route, no need to try ding with L35 callys ( same Max Pro). something / programme will do it for me ???

Bet this post won't get through !

Andy

EDIT.. luv a double bluff, was only holding a pair of 8's when I raised the pot x7

Seriously tho....

This new prog worrying me...WGT

( saw and watched it, seems very easy to save me 2 shots a round, especially tonight :)) )

We need info, and how many members clicked on what they thought was your ad and didn't know ?

Should they have their accounts deleted for NOT 'shooting the messenger ?'

Small % use / see the Forum, how would they know it wasn't kosher  ?

Andy

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 2:10 PM

micheldess:

The best way to map those or any other iron set is to play the No wind tournaments when they have them. Some are weekly unlimited play and a few have been monthly unlimited  play.  A lot a chances to map and fine tune your iron distances. 

• PAGES
RSS