Help › Forums

C'mon WGT

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 21 2014 12:44 PM (3 replies)
  • JGrossnickle
    41 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 8:54 AM

#2 Kiawah

The drive into "hard sand" or "brush" as I was informed. 2ft shorter and the result would be understandable. The screen shot is just at impact or slightly before.

1. It should at least bounce. My irons don't stop that dead. I had a tailwind so the ball was moving pretty good.

2. I'll take the stroke penalty but how can you justify losing a ball there? The only way you wouldn't retrieve that ball is if you didn't try.

It's not the 1st time I've lost a ball on that shot and probably won't be the last but c'mon now. Video evidence shows that the ball was NOT lost.

Maybe loosen the parameters a little, lol. Or better yet, let me pick the ball up  :)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 11:59 AM

thats quite a miss. almost my territory.

as bar as OOB, those parameters were set  a long time ago. I assume they are similar to real course, but it's just an assumption though. Overtime I just learned not to be in certain spots

-wgticon

• JGrossnickle
    41 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 10:55 PM

Point is, It's not OOB. It's also in thinner stuff than some of the 50/60 brush that we hit out of.  In the screenshot it is still moving, convince me that it stopped dead in the "hard" sand, lol.

Better yet, convince all of us that it is not retrievable. :) Video evidence shows that it is in  plain sight.

People are always bitching about lost balls. Why not a random generator that lets you get a ball in these situations. Maybe not the same ball. Could be better, sometimes lesser. Either way it's not a total loss. Plus it's more "realistic".

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 21 2014 12:44 PM

JGrossnickle:

Point is, It's not OOB. It's also in thinner stuff than some of the 50/60 brush that we hit out of.  In the screenshot it is still moving, convince me that it stopped dead in the "hard" sand, lol.

Better yet, convince all of us that it is not retrievable. :) Video evidence shows that it is in  plain sight.

People are always bitching about lost balls. Why not a random generator that lets you get a ball in these situations. Maybe not the same ball. Could be better, sometimes lesser. Either way it's not a total loss. Plus it's more "realistic".

I hear you but on our map it's designed as OOB. That's how it has been since day one so not much I can do here. Also, sometimes overhead views may not be 100% reliable, but thats a different story.

-wgticon

RSS