Forums

Help › Forums

Balls

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:22 PM (4 replies)
  • rlj1245
    5 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 12:27 AM

Why does WGT take balls out of play, played a new Black Max 2 holes and hit onto the fringe of a green and it said the ball was taken out of play. I assume they do that so you buy more balls, how rude is that, guess the tech crew is having some giggles over this.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 2:01 PM

Balls wear out. WGT needs to make a little bit of cash to maintain this game.

Keep an eye on the ball wear indicator (HITS)...

..it is white until the ball has about 25% life left, then it goes red. When it is all black the ball is removed from play.

The higher the durability rating, the longer the ball will last.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 3:35 PM

rlj1245:
    Why does WGT take balls out of play, played a new Black Max 2 holes and hit onto the fringe of a green and it said the ball was taken out of play. I assume they do that so you buy more balls, how rude is that, guess the tech crew is having some giggles over this.

They do wear out, but 2 holes seems a bit quick.  Very rude I'd say.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 4:44 PM

You don't start each game with a new ball. Looking at your playing history you most likely had already completed multiple games with that ball and it only had a few holes' worth of hits left.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Aug 20 2014 5:22 PM

... and if you use any mulligans, that is worth 3 ball hits. One for the original hit, plus another two for the mulligan.

RSS