Forums

Help › Forums

Rory Macellroy or Lee Westwood?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:05 PM (98 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Oct 20 2010 2:44 PM

Well done! I also love gratis. But the poem is grim as to what my desires point toward in terms of weather. But if one is stuck with something, I suppose, they must figure out a way to embrace it. Love yours, as I love mine. It's all good.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 12:01 PM

Nick, let me assure you not all Americans are xenophobic, obnoxious and self opinionated. But there's no doubt they do have their fair share. I think what we have here is a server case of Narcissism..let me elaborate.

A narcissistic personality has an exaggerated sense of self importance, Their grandiose claims are usually, but not exclusively, a superficial yet plausible fabrication of their own life ( i hope i didn't lose you there )

They crave expressions of envy all the time, the sincerity of the expressions is not an issue for them, all that matters is frequency and volume.

Narcissist's have a arrogant, haughty, patronising or contemptuous manner to others, while being flirtatious and kind to those who are unaware of their disorder................get it.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 4:45 PM

i do yes....im not one to say.... but maybe they can turn into a flower!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 1:29 AM
    Mr. Griff, The honor of being the hero of a public panegyric is what you could hardly have aspired to, either from your talents or from your good qualites. The partiality of your friends has never given you credit for more than mediocrity in the former, and experience has proved that you are indebted for all your consequense to the reverse of the latter.
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 7:12 AM

PUBLIUS (1778) - Alexander Hamilton

and heres me thinkin its all your own work..;)

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 9:04 AM

Nice one nick, if this was copied you'd think it would have been adapted to the current post. The word "public" before the misuse of the word " panegyric"  was totally unnecessary. Its yet another vein attempt  of unsupported grandiose.

Hopefully   "Lilly"  lol, will take his reign of terror else where...but i doubt it. Having pi s sed off all our Italian friends and just about everyone but her 4 groupie's, i fear we will see another cameo appearance. As i mentioned before sincerity of attention matters not, only frequency and volume matters and they are the rules of the game ..".watch this space ".

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 9:46 AM

Nice catch Nick.  See Letter 2 by Alexander Hamilton on this page about halfway down.

What I find fascinating is the very next two sentences by Hamilton, almost as if he was reading this thread...

"Had you not struck out a new line of prostitution for yourself, you might still have remained unnoticed and contemptible—your name scarcely known beyond the little circle of your electors and clients, and recorded only in the journals of C——ss. But you have now forced yourself into view, in a light too singular and conspicuous to be overlooked, and have acquired an undisputed title to be immortalized in infamy"

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 6:11 AM
    Nick, how the hell did you find that, i thought it was written by a civil war privite...lol
  • nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 8:37 AM

well, it was the word panegyric which led me into the investigation.(because I didnt  know the meaning, public speaking or something or other) twas far to florid from the previous posts I`ve read.....so i copied and googled it(- mr griff)...and not to my amazement there it was, gave me the quote and where it was taken from.

i dare say if you look at a few posts during...shall i say heated debate....you`ll fiind a lot of plagiarism...amazing things these umputers.

maybe next time miss Apple Crumble you could state your googleography..you may have passed your exams...but you wont get past me. Just be yourself....verbose eulogies dont cut the mustard...if you really are the person in the pic, why be so pretentious? (just sayin)

everybody knows" ive got the magic in me".....ahh....oooooo...(you toob)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 5:39 PM

It is about the Cinderella syndrome. The slipper that fits the only foot. I felt the wonderful Hamilton insult ( perhaps Junius inspired) was a perfect fit.

RSS