Forums

Help › Forums

How to disable your popup blocker

Tue, Sep 1 2020 11:55 AM (62 replies)
  • Electro68
    120 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 11:06 PM

Fuzzygazz:

I also use chrome and I have never really had any problems; I have had a message come up once saying that I had popups blocked but I just checked do not show again and went on.

I did however allow them for this site after reading this thread. btw, thanks for the link Fuzzygazz. 

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2012 8:01 AM

I use a Mozilla based browser called Pale Moon, I only use it for WGT. I have adblock plus and the pop-up blocker addon for it, and flashblock. I right click on the stupid crap on my profile page and set a filter for them. When I open my profile page it is nice and clean, no adds, nothing I do not want to see. When I fire up the game, I get no adds/vids before the round at all, ever.  I have no problem with the game, other than occasional meter probs, which are not resolvable no matter what browser you use. I pay enough to play, I don't deserve to be bombarded with crap..

• joeyearl
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 3 2012 5:25 AM

i have turned off my pop up blocker and it still will not let me play  .  ive been playing for about 2 weeks , never had a problem .

now i get the "turn off pop up blocker box"  .help

• roseandphilturne
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 10:41 AM

problem i got is it keeps telling me 2 refresh my cache,done that like 1o times but still after every hole  it says the same.....HELP any1 pls.i love this game

• geauxtigers0107
    266 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 2:52 PM

@WGTalex:

A couple of days ago I decided to try and fix the stuttering meter I experience at home. I did all of the research on the site searching past posts and such. My system meets the minimum requirements, by far, and works great.

Cache was cleared, though I usually do a good job of keeping up with this. I found the post by either you or another admin where if you go to his home page, he offers performance tips. Did those as well. Pop-up blockers, added wgt.com address as an address to allow pop-ups from, etc, I upgraded to I9 browser (was using IE7) and that's where the problems began.

I can get on the site, obviously, but nothing appears on the far left side of the page. It usually has a "play now" tab and your friends list, etc. It starts to load (I briefly see the spinning circle with 100% in the center) then it goes away and nothing comes up. I tried to click the "play now" tab on the home page and the game client screen comes up. The load status circle comes up briefly to 45-55% or so, then no percentages are shown, but the circle keeps spinning. I've waited as long as 10 minutes to see if it would come up but it never does.

What shoud I do now?

eta: I'm also a member of WGTnation, if that's worth anything.

• FuzzzyNutzz
    131 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 5:39 PM

geauxtigers0107:
    What shoud I do now?

Use a different browser than IE, i'm pretty sure this is mentioned in many forum threads. IE is not WGT friendly.

Google Chrome seems to be popular for WGT as is Comodo Dragon.

• geauxtigers0107
    266 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 7:35 PM

FuzzzyNutzz:

geauxtigers0107:
    What shoud I do now?

Use a different browser than IE, i'm pretty sure this is mentioned in many forum threads. IE is not WGT friendly.

Google Chrome seems to be popular for WGT as is Comodo Dragon.

IE has worked fine since I joined in 2009. Everything went south when I clicked on "optimize your WGT experience" and followed the advice, namely upgrading my browser to IE9.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jun 26 2012 11:04 PM

They'll fix it soon. Same as always.

• RASTAFARIANSTEVE
    57 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 3:45 PM

thank you i needed to do that!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 9:55 PM

piztaker:
    They'll fix it soon. Same as always.
    Not yet..sorted flash.now game popups come on every 3rd hole Aaaah..give up man..Andy(shrugging).& why always @ around 4.30 am my time..Estranco..

RSS