Forums

Help › Forums

WGT SPEED BRACKETS

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 26 2020 5:43 AM (8 replies)
  • blueshot
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 5:25 AM

was playing a speed bracket and was on last hole when WGT said round had now finished and I was shown as a withdrawal.

Why does these brackets not allow  extension on  round  to be copleted, similar to extension given when using rental clubs.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Aug 8 2014 5:47 PM

The Bracket rules cleary state you have to complete each round inside the 30 minute window. I get a chuckle looking at some of the Speed Bracket results. Most win just for completing each round. The CTTH Brackets are even funnier.

• ProfessorPutz
    57 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2015 4:01 PM

Show me the rules.  I can't find any. Not one word in the Help/FAQ anywhere. Please provide a link.

CerinoDevoti:

The Bracket rules cleary state you have to complete each round inside the 30 minute window. I get a chuckle looking at some of the Speed Bracket results. Most win just for completing each round. The CTTH Brackets are even funnier.

• ParBilly
    60 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 11:24 PM

i was wondering what happens when 2 players have same score on a bracket competition ?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:59 AM

ParBilly:

i was wondering what happens when 2 players have same score on a bracket competition ?

This is a copy pasta from our FAQ:

In the event of a tie, the better scoring entrant between or among the tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final nine (9) holes of the Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final six (6) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final three (3) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest score for the 18th hole (9th for nine hole games) in such Game, and any remaining ties will be determined by identifying the lowest scoring entrant for each individual game hole, in sequence from 17th (8th for nine hole games) through to 1st, as is necessary to determine a winner, and if any ties remain at that point, the earlier-submitted entry between or among the tied entries will be deemed the better scoring entry.

If multiple people tie for a place, the percentages for those places will be added up and divided by the number of people who tied for the place. For example, if three people tie for 2nd place, the percentages for 2nd, 3rd and 4th place will be totaled up and divided by three. Each player would receive the same amount. 5th place will then get the correct 5th place percentage.

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx

_CHAMPION

• Cuber
    102 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 6:52 PM

Did I miss the memo ? Is the 1st round / bracket the only one that is to be played? I played Free Speed Bracket ID 334602, but I was the only one (foolish?) to play the 2nd round. Every other player either withdrew or just timed out due to not playing.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 8:38 PM

Not a lot in the T&C's I could see about speed brackets.

The problem I have had in the past is you join up, play that round......but the clock will not start until the last player signs up. This can be hours or days later, thus the players are probably not online.

Chances are only the last player to enter will complete all games if he wins the first round....and then if he can be bothered playing the other rounds.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 9:57 PM

Cuber:
    Is the 1st round / bracket the only one that is to be played?

Not as intended, but it may be so.

If there is no opponent at your bracket position, you need not play. That is, if you win your first match and nobody played for the other side (the space contains no name), you win by default. This may continue to the overall bracket win.Been there, done that!

Since you might spoil your success by starting and not finishing a round for a WD, it's better for the win NOT to play ;)

• ChrisElliott327
    127 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 5:43 AM

my understanding is if your oponent wds then you make it to the next round. Whats the problem ?

RSS